Students attending programs at USG get the unique opportunity to interact with students attending nine Maryland public institutions. The exposure to inter-institutional student life makes the experience at USG yet another benefit.
Our mission is to work in collaboration with our partner institutions to enrich the students co-curricular experience while cultivating an active, enjoyable and culturally inclusive campus environment. This work is done by providing opportunities for incoming and current students to think critically and independently, foster meaningful interpersonal relationships, and to develop into civic-minded and ethical leaders at USG.
*** UPDATES: WE ARE CURRENTLY IN TRANSITION TO A NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATION PLATFORM. IF YOU ARE TRYING TO START A NEW ORGANIZATION OR NEED TO RENEW YOUR CURRENT ORGANIZATION PLEASE EMAIL IRIS SCHAUERMAN AT email@example.com
Here are just a few ways to become engaged in student life at USG!
- Join a club or organization by visiting the Student Organizations page!
- Check out the Student Organization Handbook!
- Check out the list of upcoming events and Life at USG Traditions.
- Subscribe to the USG Weekly e-newsletter to find out what's happening (opportunities and events).
- Become a peer leader by participating in Student Council, Graduate Student Association, the Orientation Leader Program and more!
- Sign up to be a Grover Rover Promo Partner.
- Read USG's official student blog Around the Grove to hear what students are thinking about.
- Achieve the USG Emerging Leaders Badge, and earn a nationally-recognized accreditation (and fun gifts) for activities you already do!
- Join the Student Advisory Board and give feedback on some of the USG services & initiatives. Deadline 9/21/18!
- Learn to navigate the ever-changing world while maximizing your impact and leadership skills with the Student Leadership & Diversity Training Series!