The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) operations are currently modified in a number of ways to protect the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff, given the continued challenges of the COVID-19 global pandemic. At this time, access to campus buildings continues to be restricted and most employees will continue working remotely to provide services. Please visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
Students attending programs at USG get the unique opportunity to interact with students attending nine Maryland public institutions. The exposure to inter-institutional student life makes the experience at USG yet another benefit.
Our mission is to work in collaboration with our partner institutions to enrich the students' co-curricular experience while cultivating an active, enjoyable, and culturally inclusive campus environment. This work is done by providing opportunities for incoming and current students to think critically and independently, foster meaningful interpersonal relationships, and to develop into civic-minded and ethical leaders at USG.
Here are just a few ways to become ENGAGED in STUDENT LIFE at USG!
- Download "USG OrgLife" from the Apple or Google Play Stores. (This is where you will submit all forms, as well as communicate with student leaders, advisors, and student organization administrators.)
- Join a club or organization by visiting the Student Organizations page!
- Check out upcoming events.
- If you are not already receiving it, subscribe to the USG Weekly e-newsletter.
- Become a peer leader by participating in Student Council, Graduate Student Association, the Student Ambassador Program, and more!
- Read USG's official student blog Around the Grove to find out what students are thinking about.
- Complete the USGLeads Leadership Program, and get recognized for activities you likely already do!
- Join the Student Advisory Board and give feedback on some of the USG services & initiatives.
- Learn to navigate the ever-changing world while maximizing your impact and leadership skills with the Student Leadership & Diversity Learning Series!