The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) operations are currently modified to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, given the continued challenges with COVID-19. At this time, most services and courses are being provided remotely or online. Access to campus buildings is limited to approved students, faculty, staff and visitors only. Please visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
Students attending programs at USG get the unique opportunity to interact with students attending nine Maryland public institutions. The exposure to inter-institutional student life makes the experience at USG yet another benefit.
Our mission is to work in collaboration with our partner institutions to enrich the students' co-curricular experience while cultivating an active, enjoyable, and culturally inclusive campus environment. This work is done by providing opportunities for incoming and current students to think critically and independently, foster meaningful interpersonal relationships, and to develop into civic-minded and ethical leaders at USG.
Here are just a few ways to become ENGAGED in STUDENT LIFE at USG!
- Download "USG OrgLife" from the Apple or Google Play Stores (communicate with org leaders, subscribe to calendars and notifications, and submit forms)
- Learn how to join a club or organization by visiting the Student Organizations page!
- Check out upcoming events.
- If you are not already receiving it, subscribe to the USG Weekly e-newsletter.
- Become a peer leader by participating in Student Council, Graduate Student Association, the Student Ambassador Program, and more!
- Read USG's official student blog Around the Grove to find out what students are thinking about.
- Complete the USGLeads Leadership Program, and get recognized for activities you likely already do!
- Join the Student Advisory Board and give feedback on some of the USG services & initiatives.
- Learn to navigate the ever-changing world while maximizing your impact and leadership skills with the Student Leadership & Diversity Learning Series!