- USG OrgLife
- This is the new platform (similar to OrgSync) for student organizations.
- THIS IS WHERE YOU WILL OFFICIALLY REGISTER YOUR STUDENT ORGANIZATION!
- This is where you will find and submit all forms (catering, space request, funds request and so forth) and also where you will get to communicate with all student leaders on campus as well as me.
- ALL students in any clubs and/or student organizations MUST download USG OrgLife available on apple and google app store (free) - PC version soon to become available.
- Every student must fill out the survey (only once) after downloading the app (this is a must and very important).
- I will be holding training sessions - at least a President or Vice President must attend for student orgs to be considered official. We want to set you all up for success and improve communication among all of us :-) We will also provide lunch and dinner during the training sessions.
- To Sign-up go here - https://tinyurl.com/USGOrgLife
- If you have any questions please email Iris Schauerman @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Student organizations are registered through The Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources (CSEF) at USG.
Student Organization Handbook
Student Org Requests Deadlines
Student Catering Menu
Student Organization FAQs
Find out why you should join one now!
Why Get Involved?
Studies have shown that students involved in student orgs & student life:
1. Have higher graduation rates.
2. Report higher levels of satisfaction with their college experience.
3. Are more effective in their educational involvement, career planning, lifestyle planning, cultural participation and academic autonomy.
4. Develop effective interpersonal relationship skills.
5. Develop increased self-confidence and tolerance of and acceptance for other people.
What are some of the benefits that student orgs have on campus?
1. Room and space reservations on campus
2. Funding for your organization
3. Catering services for events and activities
4. Marketing services for events and activities
5. Recruitment and recognition opportunities
What are some the different student orgs on campus?
Accounting & Business Association (ABA)
Business Management Association (BMA)
Care Package Club (CPC)
Christ Centered Life (CCL)
Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
Criminology and Criminal Justice Student Association (CRIMSA)
Film Club (FB)
History Student Association (HSA)
International Club (IC)
Nurses for Global Health (NGH)
Political Science Student Organization (PSSO)
Psychology Student Association (PSA)
Social Work Student Association (SWSA)
Students Engaged in Public Health (SEIPH)
Terps Without Borders (TWB)
Universities at Shady Grove SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) Chapter
University of Maryland Association of Nursing Students (UMANS)
Undergraduate Communication Association (UCA)
Don't see something that meets your needs?
No problem! You can create one and we will help you every step of the way! Please contact me: Iris Schauerman at email@example.com
Do student orgs ever get together to celebrate and be recognized for all of the hard work they've done throughout the year?
Absolutely! We get together in May at the Student Engagement Recognition Awards Ceremony and recognize all of the students orgs and individuals that have made a positive impact on the USG community & beyond. Students get to dress up and after the awards ceremony is done everyone gets to party the night away with a DJ, food, and a sense of accomplishment! We look forward to celebrating with YOU in 2019!