Please read through the following questions and answers to make sure you get all of the information you need!
How can I join student organizations at USG?
Download the USG OrgLife App (free on Apple and Android).
Use your USG credentials to sign in.
Fill out a survey which we will then use to better serve you and other members of student organizations on campus.
Build a quick profile (you can include a picture!).
Check out all of the registered student organizations and join the ones that align with your goals and values.
What exactly is USG OrgLife?
- WHERE YOU WILL OFFICIALLY REGISTER YOUR STUDENT ORGANIZATION!
- Where you can find and join existing student organizations.
- Contact the different student organizations!
- Where you submit all forms (catering, space request, funds request, etc) for events & meeting.
- Where you can communicate with members of your student org and with members of other students orgs (for collaboration).
- Where you can post events and see the events that other student orgs are hosting.
- Where you can find the:
- Where you can communicate with the Student Council and Graduate Student Association to voice any concerns or ask any questions.
I don't have a cell phone or space on my phone, can I still join?
Absolutely! You will just need to go to tinyurl.com/USGOrgLife-Desktop and follow the same steps as you would for the app.
Why get involved?
Studies have shown that students involved in student orgs & student life:
1. Have higher graduation rates.
2. Report higher levels of satisfaction with their college experience.
3. Are more effective in their educational involvement, career planning, lifestyle planning, cultural participation and academic autonomy.
4. Develop effective interpersonal relationship skills.
5. Develop increased self-confidence and tolerance of and acceptance for other people.
What are some of the benefits that student orgs have on campus?
1. Room and space reservations on campus
2. Funding for your organization
3. Catering services for events and activities
4. Marketing services for events and activities
5. Recruitment and recognition opportunities
Don't see something that meets your interests?
No problem! You can create a new student organization and we will help you every step of the way! Please contact Iris Schauerman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do student orgs ever get together to celebrate and be recognized for all of the hard work they've done throughout the year?
Absolutely! We get together in May at the Student Engagement Recognition Awards Ceremony and recognize all of the students orgs and individuals that have made a positive impact on the USG community & beyond. Students get to dress up and after the awards ceremony is done everyone gets to party the night away with a DJ, food, and a sense of accomplishment! We look forward to celebrating with YOU in 2021!