Welcome to the Lab for Entrepreneurship and Transformative Leadership.
Our lab seeks to provide resources and mentorship to students, empower local entrepreneurs, and support emerging startups in Montgomery County. In doing so, we aim to provide resources to those interested using our platform such as:
- Amplifying Speakers: We will invite experienced professionals to our lab in order to understand and implement entrepreneurial practices.
- Hosting Classes and Labs: We will teach classes and labs that help students gain real-world experience like starting a business.
- Conducting Hackathons: We will challenge student groups to compete and present their start-ups and ideas to convince the board to invest in their product.
- Providing Mentorship: We will foster relationships with experienced mentors in order to aid with student’s development in their careers and future endeavors.
We are excited to build a passionate community that values entrepreneurship and transformative leadership and to create opportunities for entrepreneurs to shape their ideas into a reality.
Have an idea or want to talk business?
We will be holding office hours every Thursday from 3PM - 5PM to discuss business ideas with our Entrepreneurs-In-Residence. Ventures at any stage are welcome. Walk-ins are welcome but we encourage you to pre-register to save a time slot.
- Workshops, Lectures, Classes
- Community Resources, Mentorship, Training
- An eight-week program offered in the spring and fall which culminates in an entrepreneurial pitch competition and the chance for the winning team to secure a $10,000 award to help in launching a business.
- A semester-long fellowship for students interested in learning more about impact investing and creating social impact through business., supported by a $2,000 stipend.
- Design Thinking Workshop with SLAC November 11th, 2022
- Dessert Challenge (Hospitality Hackathon) October 28th, 2022
- Jordan DeCicco Speaker Event October 18th, 2022
- DEI Hackathon September 30th, 2022
- IDEA430 Pitch Competition May 6th, 2022
- Equity Incubator Showcase December 7th, 2021
- Social Innovation Hackathon November 12th, 2021
- Jordan DeCicco Speaker Event 2021 October 7th, 2021
- Equity Incubator Launches October 2021
- Jordan DeCicco Speaker Event
- Redesign the Fitness and Retail Experience Hackathon
- Marla Beck Speaker Event
- Solar Workshop with Leon Keshishian
Through Marc’s teachings, in just 2 short months we were able to learn and implement key foundational principles that directly impacted our product market fit and go to market strategies which led to the successful launch and scale of Kitu life Super Coffee.
Jordan DeCicco, Founder & COO