- Health Care Pitch Competition
- Ladies First Founders virtual event next Tuesday, Nov. 17 at 5 p.m.
- This panel features female UMD alumni founders who have successfully launched startups, raised significant capital and experienced exits.
- Zoom CEO and founder Eric Yuan to speak at Rice’s Liu Idea Lab for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- UMBC Alex. Brown Center Events
Welcome to the Lab for Entrepreneurship and Transformative Leadership.
Our lab seeks to provide resources and mentorship to students, empower local entrepreneurs, and support emerging startups in Montgomery County. In doing so, we aim to provide resources to those interested using our platform such as:
- Amplifying Speakers: We will invite experienced professionals to our lab in order to understand and implement entrepreneurial practices.
- Hosting Classes and Labs: We will teach classes and labs that help students gain real-world experience like starting a business.
- Conducting Hackathons: We will challenge student groups to compete and present their start-ups and ideas to convince the board to invest in their product.
- Providing Mentorship: We will foster relationships with experienced mentors in order to aid with student’s development in their careers and future endeavors.
We are excited to build a passionate community that values entrepreneurship and transformative leadership and to create opportunities for entrepreneurs to shape their ideas into a reality.
Have an idea or want to talk business?
Our program director, Professor Steren, will be holding Zoom virtual office hours every Wednesday from 3PM - 5PM to discuss Hackathon or business ideas.
- Workshops, Lectures, Classes
- Community Resources, Mentorship, Training