- Marla Beck Speaker Event
- Montgomery College Professional Development Speaker Series - October Events held on Wednesdays, 5-6 PM on Zoom see below for flyer
- Oct 7: Dan Simons, the founder of Founding Farms, our own local farmer-owned restaurant. He has a great story to tell about how they used their wits and resources to make great changes in light of the COVID pandemic.
- Oct 14: John Kolm, Team Results USA, an expert on team dynamics, will share tips on working on teams in a virtual environment.
- Oct 21: Marji Graff, President of the Rockville Chamber of Commerce, will talk to students about the role of a chamber of commerce and resources they can tap into right now.
- UMBC Alex. Brown Center Events
Welcome to the Lab for Entrepreneurship and Transformative Leadership.
Our lab seeks to provide resources and mentorship to students, empower local entrepreneurs, and support emerging startups in Montgomery County. In doing so, we aim to provide resources to those interested using our platform such as:
- Amplifying Speakers: We will invite experienced professionals to our lab in order to understand and implement entrepreneurial practices.
- Hosting Classes and Labs: We will teach classes and labs that help students gain real-world experience like starting a business.
- Conducting Hackathons: We will challenge student groups to compete and present their start-ups and ideas to convince the board to invest in their product.
- Providing Mentorship: We will foster relationships with experienced mentors in order to aid with student’s development in their careers and future endeavors.
We are excited to build a passionate community that values entrepreneurship and transformative leadership and to create opportunities for entrepreneurs to shape their ideas into a reality.
Have an idea or want to talk business?
Our program director, Professor Steren, will be holding Zoom virtual office hours every Wednesday from 3PM - 5PM to discuss Hackathon or business ideas.
- Workshops, Lectures, Classes
- Community Resources, Mentorship, Training