USG Student Ambassador Program
Meet the Spring 2022 USG Student Ambassadors!
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) Student Ambassador Program was established to assist USG recruitment team members in our efforts to share the unique benefits of USG with prospective students and the greater community. Student Ambassadors add the credibility necessary to recruit future students to our campus.
What do student ambassadors do?
- Educate prospective students and the community on the benefits of attending a program at the USG campus
- Connect one-on-one with prospective students interested in USG via email, virtually, or in-person
- Give campus tours to prospective students and community members
- Share your experiences at USG as part of virtual and in-person student panels
- Assist with virtual and in-person open houses, info nights, and recruitment events
- Promote USG at community college and high school campuses alongside USG staff
- Share feedback on recruitment and messaging with USG leadership
- Have fun and build community!
Student Ambassadors have the power to create an impact on a prospective student's future educational pathway by sharing information and their personal experiences with the USG campus. This paid program allows members to expand their leadership, marketing, public speaking, and customer service skills, and achieve community involvement while working with a diverse range of individuals. The work schedule is flexible and self-managed by the program member. Ambassadors become a part of a close-knit community and feel a greater sense of pride in USG as they learn more about it through the program. Opportunities also exist to further hone leadership through internal committee and trainer positions.
- Enrolled in a program offered at USG with at least two semesters left
- GPA of 3.0 or higher strongly preferred
- May have already completed a semester or more at USG or be starting at USG in the semester for which you're applying
Thank you for your interest in the USG Student Ambassador Program! The application form and related instructions to apply for Fall 2022 can be found here. All materials are due by Wednesday, September 7, 2022.
A completed application consists of the following:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement (attached to the application form or submitted separately)
- Resume (attached to the application form or submitted separately)
- Recommendation Form (to be completed by a current/former professor, supervisor, or mentor)
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Student Ambassador Program Supervisor, Jen Riehl, at email@example.com.