USG Student Ambassador Program
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) Student Ambassador Program was established to assist USG recruitment team members in our efforts to share the unique benefits of USG with prospective students and the greater community. Student Ambassadors add the credibility necessary to recruit future students to our campus.
What do student ambassadors do?
- Educate prospective students and the community on the benefits of attending a program at the USG campus
- Connect one-on-one with prospective students interested in USG via email, virtually, or in-person
- Give campus tours to prospective students and community members
- Share your experiences at USG as part of virtual and in-person student panels
- Assist with virtual and in-person open houses, info nights, and recruitment events
- Promote USG at community college and high school campuses alongside USG staff
- Share feedback on recruitment and messaging with USG leadership
- Have fun and build community!
Student Ambassadors have the power to create an impact on a prospective student's future educational pathway by sharing information and their personal experiences with the USG campus. This paid program allows members to expand their leadership, marketing, public speaking, and customer service skills, and achieve community involvement while working with a diverse range of individuals. The work schedule is flexible and self-managed by the program member. Ambassadors become a part of a close-knit community and feel a greater sense of pride in USG as they learn more about it through the program. Opportunities also exist to further hone leadership through internal committee and trainer positions.
- Enrolled in a program offered at USG with at least two semesters left
- GPA of 3.0 or higher strongly preferred
- May have already completed a semester or more at USG or be starting at USG in the semester for which you're applying
Thank you for your interest in applying to be USG Student Ambassador starting in the Fall 2021 semester! In order for your application to be complete, please submit all of the following materials by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 8, 2021:
- Fall 2021 Ambassador Application
- Resume (either uploaded via the application or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Personal statement to include the following information (either uploaded via the application or emailed to email@example.com)
- Why you chose to complete your degree on the USG campus
- Why you wish to be a Student Ambassador
- What skills/experience you possess that would make you a good Ambassador
- What you hope to gain from being a part of the program
- Examples of your reliability, responsibility, and time management when it comes to school, other clubs on campus, work, and/or personal life.
- Completed recommendation form from a current/former employer, supervisor, staff member, or professor
- Recommender may submit via the linked form above or email the form and/or any supplemental materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Student Ambassador Program Supervisor, Jen Riehl, at email@example.com.