The Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources has established a number of opportunities for students, staff, and faculty to convene, learn, share, and celebrate our wonderful USG Community.
Specific programs are added each semester but below you will find the list of our USG "traditions"
For specific dates and event descriptions, be sure to read your USG Weekly and check out the events calendar.
- Welcome Month- Learn more about USG programs, resources, and opportunities to get engaged during the first few weeks of classes each semester.
- USGLeads Emerging and Expanding Leadership Programs- A self-paced leadership development program with guided reflection, activities, and videos.
- USGFest and Involvement Fair - Kick off the fall semester with fun, food, and games hosted by USG and the many student clubs and organizations on campus.
- De-Stress Week - During finals week each semester, USG and student organizations host stress-relieving and community-building activities.
- Intercultural Festival - During the spring semester, members of the USG community come together to celebrate our beautifully diverse community. Countries, cultures, and regions are represented with pride and respect as information, food, music, and dance bring us all together.
- Leadership and Service Awards - Each year two undergraduate students and one graduate student across all campuses are selected to receive the Leadership and Service Award. Selected students are celebrated and honored across the USG Community for their outstanding achievements.
- Student Appreciation Carnival- At the end of the spring semester, all students are invited to eat, relax, pet animals, play games, and more!
- Student Engagement Awards - At the end of the semester, the Student Engagement Awards are held to recognize student organizations and officers that have gone above and beyond in their efforts to engage the USG community. Awardees are nominated and selected by their peers. Students that have completed the USGLeads Leadership Programs are also recognized for their commitment and focus on leadership development.