The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) operations are currently modified to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, given the continued challenges with COVID-19. At this time, most services and courses are being provided remotely or online. Access to campus buildings is restricted to essential personnel and those who require the use of specialized laboratories for courses on campus. Please visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
We Are Open Virtually!
Featured Career Services Available During COVID-19
Featured Opportunity for 2021 - "Smart City Challenge"
- Career coaches continue to provide daily 30-minute sessions virtually using Google Meet video/screen-share and phone appointments
- Students may schedule an appointment via our Career Connector virtual platform.
- Once you have scheduled a virtual appointment, look out for a calendar invitation from a team member with log-on/call-in information.
Career Connector Jobs Platform
This platform features a searchable collection of great internships and jobs for students and alumni, along with new, easy-to-use options for booking appointments and signing up for events. To create your account, click here.
Virtual Resources & Events
- Focus 2 Career (Access Code: usg) Log on to Focus 2 Career for exclusive access to a personalized career planning system.
- Big Interview: Learn and practice your interview skills with this online interview platform.
- Virtual Job Shadow: Explore various jobs and industries through short video reviews.
- Goin Global: Explore career resources, internships and job opportunities around the globe - Coming Soon!
- Vault: View career intelligence including company rankings, reviews, and industry guides - Coming Soon!
- Virtual Career Development Toolkit: Explore a variety of free self-assessment, career exploration, and job search tools.
- Featured Employment Opportunities: View part-time, full-time, and temporary employment opportunities available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Virtual Career Fairs & Events: Participate in a variety of virtual recruiting and career development events.
- News & Guidance: View the latest news and resources available to help you navigate the job market during COVID-19.
- Students are also encouraged to link to their home campus Career Centers for additional virtual tools, resources, and services.
- Employer services are available via phone, email, WebEx, or ZOOM virtual meeting format.
- Employers are encouraged to connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org