FEATURED SERVICES FOR STUDENTS DURING COVID-19
VIRTUAL DROP-IN HOURS
While CISC is accessible anytime during operating hours by email, USG's Career Center is offering drop-in hours on Mondays from 12:00-1:00pm each week on Zoom. Students will be asked to wait briefly in the waiting room at any time when a line form. Join us via Zoom.
VIRTUAL COACHING SESSIONS
Career coaches provide daily 30-minute virtual coaching sessions in a variety of topic areas as listed below. Students may schedule a coaching session by logging on to our Career Connector platform.
- Career Planning
- Resumes & Cover Letter Writing
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Exploring Experiential Learning Opportunities
- Interview Preparation & Mock Interviews
- Salary Negotiation
- Building A Professional Network
- LinkedIn Profile Reviews
- Navigating the Workplace
- Gap Year Planning
- Graduate & Professional School Exploration
Websites with Links to Actively RecruITING Job Opportunities
- How COVID-19 is Impacting Job Seekers
- COVID-19's Effect on US Job Market
- Industries Hiring During COVID-19
- Class of 2020: Navigating the Job Market During COVID-19
- Job Seeking During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Tips for Working From Home with Children
- US Workers Discovering Affinity for Remote Work
- Federal and State Employment Protections During COVID-19
- Maryland State COVID-19 A-Z Resource Guide
- Tips for a Successful Remote Job Interview
- FAQ's - Maryland's Unemployment Insurance During COVID-19
- Federal Government Expands Eligibility for Unemployment Insurance
- MD Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund
- Emergency COVID-19 Tipped & Service Worker Relief Fund
Our Career Services staff welcome requests to support student clubs and organizations by sponsoring career-related activities, guest speaker events, and employer information sessions. Staff are also available to present to student organizations on a variety of career-related topics. To request event sponsorship or a presentation for your student organization, please contact Career Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USG’s Internship Scholarship was developed by USG’s Board of Advisors in response to a critical need to provide financial support for students enrolled in programs at USG, who seek to participate in meaningful, yet unpaid internship opportunities. Qualifying placement opportunities are made available to students during the fall and spring semesters, and include internships with government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and small "startup" businesses in Montgomery County who provide “practical learning experience” for students. For more information or to access our online application, link here.