Adventist HealthCare Nurse Residency Information Session - This recorded presentation covers the elements of the Nurse Residency Program and how to be a competitive candidate.
Fall Semester Hours (Beginning August 2, 2021)
FEATURED SERVICES FOR STUDENTS
Small Group Career Coaching
(Career Planning, Resumes, Interview Prep, Internships, Job Search Strategies)
Small group coaching for up to 10 students can be scheduled via our Career Connector virtual platform. Virtual small group coaching will be available on Mondays, and and in-person small group coaching will be available on Thursdays.
To sign up for a slot:
- Log on to Career Connector and click on the "Recommended Events" box or the Events tab in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the blue Register button inthe top righthand corner.
- Confirn your attendance by clicking Register on the next screen.
- Can Employers Require You to Get the Covid Vaccine Before Returning to Work? The answer is it's complicated.
- How Additional Economic Stimulus Payments May Help College Students
- Proposal for Additional Economic Stimulus Payments to include College Students
- What should job seekers be doing right now
- All the things COVID-19 will change forever, according to 30 top experts
- Thousands Of New Jobs Are Being Created In Response To The Coronavirus (Forbes)
- LinkedIn: Here’s who’s hiring right now
- Everything Students Need to Know About Virtual Internships
- How COVID-19 is Impacting Job Seekers
- COVID-19's Effect on US Job Market
- Industries Hiring During COVID-19
- Class of 2020: Navigating the Job Market During COVID-19
- Job Seeking During the COVID-19 Crisis
- Tips for Working From Home with Children
- US Workers Discovering Affinity for Remote Work
- Federal and State Employment Protections During COVID-19
- Maryland State COVID-19 A-Z Resource Guide
- Tips for a Successful Remote Job Interview
- FAQ's - Maryland's Unemployment Insurance During COVID-19
- Federal Government Expands Eligibility for Unemployment Insurance
- MD Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund
- Emergency COVID-19 Tipped & Service Worker Relief Fund
Our Career Services staff welcome requests to support student clubs and organizations by sponsoring career-related activities, guest speaker events, and employer information sessions. Staff are also available to present to student organizations on a variety of career-related topics. A complete listing of our Workshop Catalog can be found below. To request event sponsorship or a presentation for your student organization, please contact Career Center staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USG’s Internship Scholarship was developed by USG’s Board of Advisors in response to a critical need to provide financial support for students enrolled in programs at USG, who seek to participate in meaningful, yet unpaid internship opportunities. Qualifying placement opportunities are made available to students during the fall and spring semesters, and include internships with government agencies, nonprofit organizations, and small "startup" businesses in Montgomery County who provide “practical learning experience” for students. For more information or to access our online application, link here.