Borrowing through the Priddy Library during Fall '20 Semester
Curbside Pickup Program
While Priddy Library will remain closed to users until further notice, we offer a curbside pickup service for USG patrons to borrow circulating books from the Priddy Library (USG) collection during the Fall 2020 semester.
- USG students, faculty, and staff
Items available for loan
- Books from the USG/Priddy Library circulating collection
- Please note that this does not include Course Reserves.
- Find books you would like to borrow using the Library Catalog search.
- Only books that have a location of "Shady Grove Library" can be requested.
- Fill out the Curbside Pick-up Request Form.
- Library staff will check to ensure your book is available, then contact you directly to arrange a time for pickup.
- Requests will usually be fulfilled within a week, and may include a quarantine period before pickup.
- At the appointed time, pull into the marked parking spot at the front of surface Parking Lot 5, next to Building III, and call the library at 301-738-6020.
- After you call, a library staff member will bring a box with your requested book/s to the sidewalk by Lot 5.
- Identify yourself to the staff member (from a distance of at least 6 feet) with the confirmation code from your contact e-mail, they will place your box on the ground and move away so that you can retrieve it.
- All books will already be checked-out on your library account.
Loan Periods for other USMAI Libraries
- Visit the webpage of the owning library for loan periods on books from other USMAI schools
- More information on borrowing from UMD libraries