Borrowing through the Priddy Library during COVID-19 Pandemic
Curbside Pickup Program
While Priddy Library's physical location is closed, we offer a curbside pickup service for USG patrons to obtain books they have requested.
- USMAI students, faculty, and staff
Items available for loan
- Books from the USG/Priddy Library circulating collection.
- Please note that this does not include Course Reserves.
- Books from some other USMAI libraries' circulating collections.
- Follow the steps on our Requesting Books page to select the proper item and place a request in our system.
- Once your requested item arrives at the Priddy Library, it will be set aside for you, and an e-mail will be sent automatically informing you of its arrival.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic requests may take significantly longer than usual due to new loan policies, delays in courier routes or shipping, and mandatory quarantine periods.
- Most Recalls are also disabled during the pandemic.
- You will also be contacted via your school e-mail by a Priddy Library staff member to schedule a time for you to come get the book.
- Once you have scheduled a pickup time, you will receive a confirmation code that you will provide at pickup.
- Because of pandemic staffing changes, all pickups must be scheduled in advance.
- At the appointed time, pull into the marked parking spot at the front of surface Parking Lot 5, next to Building III, and call the library at 301-738-6020.
- After you call, a library staff member will bring a box with your requested book/s to the sidewalk by Lot 5.
- Identify yourself to the staff member from a distance of at least 6 feet, providing the confirmation code from your contact e-mail. They will set your box down and move away so you can retrieve it.
- All books will already be checked-out on your library account.
Loan Periods for other USMAI Libraries
- Visit the webpage of the owning library for loan periods on books from other USMAI schools
- More information on borrowing from UMD libraries