Interlibrary Loan & Document Delivery
Please note that due to the current public health situation, many libraries are offering reduced services, including ILL and document delivery fulfillment.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Provides access to materials not available through the University System of Maryland Affiliated Institutions (USMAI) catalog
- These include books and book chapters that are not available from within the USMAI, as well as journal articles not available through your home institution library
- Available only to USM students, faculty and staff
- Requires an ILLiad account
- First-time users will need to create one through their home institution library
- Check USMAI catalog for availability before submitting requests
- Requests for circulating items available through USMAI libraries may be deleted by ILL staff
Submitting a Request through Interlibrary loan
- Select your home institution library from the links below
- Follow instructions for creating an account and completing the ILL Form
- Towson University's Albert S. Cook Library has created a useful video tutorial!
- Both your 14-digit library barcode number and home institution login may be required to access ILLiad
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many ILL departments have modified their borrowing policies. Please contact your home library's ILL department for information specific to your availability.
- Access to photocopies of non-circulating materials from home campus library
Requesting Document Delivery
- Contact Interlibrary Loan staff at your home institution library for more information