The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) operations are currently modified to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, given the continued challenges with COVID-19. At this time, most services and courses are being provided remotely or online. Access to campus buildings is restricted to essential personnel and those who require the use of specialized laboratories for courses on campus. Please visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
- Individual and couples counseling sessions:
- CCC is accepting new clients. If you are interested in making an Intake (initial session) appointment, please call the Front Desk at 301-738-6273 and leave a message or request an appointment online. The Receptionst will get back in contact as quickly as possible to schedule your appointment. Intake sessions must be conducted through videoconference (Zoom). We cannot conduct an Intake over the phone. If you cannot engage in the Intake through Zoom, we will provide you with referrals in the community, if you wish.
- While Intake sessions must be conducted through Zoom, for ongoing sessions you will have your preference of video or phone format.
- Hours for virtual appointments will be limited to Monday, 1pm-7pm, Tuesday-Friday, 9am-7pm. If you are unable to schedule a session with your counselor during these hours, let us know, and we'll attempt to find a workable day/time.
- CCC staff will not be available for emergency or walk-in services. Please check our "Need Help Now" page (see link below) page for alternative resources.
- Need to manage stress in these difficult times? The CCC's Mindfulness Skills for Successful Living workshop series begins another round on Zoom starting Wednesday, November 11th. Facilitated by Jessica Branch, LCPC, the four-session series of workshops, every Wednesday from 12pm to 1pm, are open to all. Please sign up and join us each week.
- Other online resources:
- If you need to talk with someone right away about your issues, there are resources available on our "Need Help Now" page:
- CCC COVID-19 Resources webpage:
- Online/Local Resources webpage:
The Center for Counseling and Consultation (CCC) provides comprehensive counseling, psychological, and consultative services to the students, faculty, and staff of the Universities at Shady Grove campus. All services are free and confidential. The Center offers a wide range of programs, including:
- intake services
- individual psychotherapy
- career/major counseling
- couples counseling
- group counseling
- self-enhancement sessions
- "Hey, Grover!" - online Q&A service
- consultation services
- psychoeducational presentations
- crisis management services
Everyone struggles at times, and our hope is that when you see someone in need of assistance, you will reach out to help them get back on track. For those in need, the CCC provides a safe place where they can talk about their concerns and begin to work through them. When you or someone you know would benefit from talking with a friendly and comforting ear, consider the CCC.