Message from Student and Academic Services
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, USG buildings will not be open to the public until further notice. While the campus buildings will not be open during this time, USG staff are teleworking and providing access to services remotely.
Our partner universities that offer programs at USG are preparing for the transition to the delivery of all course instruction through remote/online platforms. Students at USG should be in direct touch with their faculty and program directors from their home universities about their remote/instruction during this time.
USG’s Student and Academic (SAS) Centers will be providing students with support services through various remote/online delivery formats.
The following is an update on the status of the services provided by the Center for Counseling and Consultation (CCC):
- Individual and couples counseling sessions:
- CCC is accepting new clients. If you are interested in making an Intake (initial session) appointment, please call the Front Desk at 301-738-6273 and leave a message. The Receptionst will return your call as quickly as possible to schedule your appointment. Intake sessions must be conducted through videoconference (Zoom). We cannot conduct an Intake over the phone. If you cannot engage in the Intake through Zoom, we will provide you with referrals in the community, if you wish.
- Current clients may continue services by phone, or, starting April 6th, we will also be conducting sessions through videoconference (Zoom). While Intake sessions must be conducted through Zoom, for ongoing sessions you will have your preference of video or phone format.
- For current clients wishing to talk with their counselor but do not have a previously scheduled appointment, please contact the Center at 301-738-6273 and leave a message to set up an appointment. The Receptionist will be checking messages hourly during business hours and returning calls as soon as possible.
- Hours for virtual appointments will be limited to 9 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday. If you are unable to schedule a session with your counselor during these hours, let us know, and well attempt to find a workable day/time.
- CCC staff will not be available for emergency or walk-in services. Please check our "Need Help Now" page (see link below) page for alternative resources.
- Need to manage stress in these difficult times? The CCC's Mindfulness Skills for Successful Living workshop series begins another round on Zoom starting Wednesday, May 6th. Facilitated by Jessica Branch, LCPC, the four-session series of workshops are open to all. Please join us each week at Zoom Meeting #987-0681-9897. Participants may also call in at 301-715-8592 and providing the Meeting number.
- Other online resources:
- If you are not a current client of the Center and wish to speak with someone about your issues, there are resources available on our "Need Help Now" page:
- CCC COVID-19 Resources webpage:
- Online/Local Resources webpage:
The Center for Counseling and Consultation (CCC) provides comprehensive counseling, psychological, and consultative services to the students, faculty, and staff of the Universities at Shady Grove campus. All services are free and confidential. The Center offers a wide range of programs, including:
- intake and emergency services
- individual psychotherapy
- career/major counseling
- couples counseling
- group counseling
- self-enhancement sessions
- consultation services
- psychoeducational presentations
- crisis management services
Everyone struggles at times, and our hope is that when you see someone in need of assistance, you will reach out to help them get back on track. For those in need, the CCC provides a safe place where they can talk about their concerns and begin to work through them. When you or someone you know would benefit from talking with a friendly and comforting ear, consider the CCC.