USG's fall 2020 operations have been modified to protect the health and safety of our campus community. All services are being provided remotely. Access to campus buildings is restricted, as most classes are online and on-campus instruction is limited to a small number of lab courses.
Students, faculty and staff who will be on campus this semester for classes or essential operations are required to certify with their home campuses that they have completed a Covid-19 test within 14 days prior to their return to campus and that the test was negative. Anyone who is on campus is required to wear a mask at all times, consistent with CDC and Montgomery County guidelines. Visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
- Individual and couples counseling sessions:
- CCC is accepting new clients. If you are interested in making an Intake (initial session) appointment, please call the Front Desk at 301-738-6273 and leave a message or request an appointment online. The Receptionst will get back in contact as quickly as possible to schedule your appointment. Intake sessions must be conducted through videoconference (Zoom). We cannot conduct an Intake over the phone. If you cannot engage in the Intake through Zoom, we will provide you with referrals in the community, if you wish.
- While Intake sessions must be conducted through Zoom, for ongoing sessions you will have your preference of video or phone format.
- Hours for virtual appointments will be limited to Monday, 11am-5pm, Tuesday-Friday, 9am-7pm. If you are unable to schedule a session with your counselor during these hours, let us know, and well attempt to find a workable day/time.
- CCC staff will not be available for emergency or walk-in services. Please check our "Need Help Now" page (see link below) page for alternative resources.
- Need to manage stress in these difficult times? The CCC's Mindfulness Skills for Successful Living workshop series begins another round on Zoom starting Wednesday, September 16th. Facilitated by Jessica Branch, LCPC, the four-session series of workshops are open to all. Please join us each week at Zoom Meeting #919-9520-7296, Passcode 457112. Participants may also call in at 301-715-8592 and providing the Meeting number.
- Other online resources:
- If you need to talk with someone right away about your issues, there are resources available on our "Need Help Now" page:
- CCC COVID-19 Resources webpage:
- Online/Local Resources webpage:
The Center for Counseling and Consultation (CCC) provides comprehensive counseling, psychological, and consultative services to the students, faculty, and staff of the Universities at Shady Grove campus. All services are free and confidential. The Center offers a wide range of programs, including:
- intake services
- individual psychotherapy
- career/major counseling
- couples counseling
- group counseling
- self-enhancement sessions
- "Hey, Grover!" - online Q&A service
- consultation services
- psychoeducational presentations
- crisis management services
Everyone struggles at times, and our hope is that when you see someone in need of assistance, you will reach out to help them get back on track. For those in need, the CCC provides a safe place where they can talk about their concerns and begin to work through them. When you or someone you know would benefit from talking with a friendly and comforting ear, consider the CCC.