Welcome to the USG Disability Support Resources Page!
Disability Support Services (DSS) at USG has created this web page for students, faculty, and community members to access campus and community resources for those with disabilities and/or struggling with personal, professional and educational challenges during COVID-19. During this pandemic and beyond, DSS will strive to provide consistent and transparent peer support services from fellow students with disabilities, including sharing personal experiences and insights on how they are managing during quarantine. This support will continue to be offered once USG campus reopens.
Student members of the Zeta Sigma Honor Society for students with disabilities have worked hard with the USG DSS coordinator to create a list of resources for various disabilities that cover study strategies, time management/organization, mental health, medical disabilities and more. If you are interested in any additional resources, check them out below, and click on the red bolded hyperlinks to visit the resource pages!
- Weekly peer support with Zeta Sigma members: Bi-Weekly Mondays/ 1:00-2:00pm/ Google hangout meets video chat
COVID-19 Resources for people & families with disabilities
Learning Disability Resources for College Students
- Study Strategies for ADHD and ADD
- ADHD Centers MD
- Study Strategies and helpful resources for Dyslexia
- Helpful study resources for college students with various learning disabilities
- Resources for organization and time management
Maryland Area Disability Resources
- Disability Network Directory resources in the Montgomery County area
- Department of Health and Human Services
Maryland Area Mental Health resources
- Montgomery County
- MC College Crisis Center
- USG Counseling Center
- USG Crisis Hotline/ Links in Montgomery County
- Maryland Behavioral Help
- Mental Health Association of MD
- MCPS Special Education