- All appointments will continue to be offered remotely by video (through our appointment system) or by phone
- Students sign-up for appointments per standard procedure for all appointments
- Please see this tutorial for making an online appointment
USG's fall 2020 operations have been modified to protect the health and safety of our campus community. All services are being provided remotely. Access to campus buildings is restricted, as most classes are online and on-campus instruction is limited to a small number of lab courses.
Students, faculty and staff who will be on campus this semester for classes or essential operations are required to certify with their home campuses that they have completed a Covid-19 test within 14 days prior to their return to campus and that the test was negative. Anyone who is on campus is required to wear a mask at all times, consistent with CDC and Montgomery County guidelines. Visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
The John and Effie Macklin Center for Academic Success (MCAS), in collaboration with University partners at Universities at Shady Grove, empowers undergraduate and graduate students to develop effective learning strategies, persistence, and leadership through customized academic and disability support.
- Contact your faculty member and/or your home campus disability support center for accommodation support for tests and other applicable services
- The USG DSS Testing center will continue answer questions related to testing accommodations and other disability-related needs. Students should email the DSS coordinator at usg-disAbility@umd.edu for assistance.
- Workshops are available for faculty, program directors, or student groups/organizations
- Presentations will be delivered online either by joining/hosting a remote session or recording content
- Request workshops using the online workshop request form
- Study Strategies for Success in Remote Learning Courses
- Online Resources for Students in STEMM Programs
- Easy to use APA style guide
- Free e-textbooks from several major publishers through May 25, 2020
- Learning to Learn Online - free e-book with various tips and information for students and faculty