- All appointments will continue to be offered remotely by video (through our appointment system) or by phone
- Students sign-up for appointments per standard procedure for all appointments
- Please see this tutorial for making an online appointment
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) has resumed on-campus operations, with some modifications for the fall semester. In a continued effort to protect the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff, COVID-19 vaccines are required for anyone returning for in-person activities this fall, unless an exception has been granted. Face masks are required in indoor public spaces on campus. For additional details on public health protocols, please visit the USG Onward web page.
The John and Effie Macklin Center for Academic Success (MCAS), in collaboration with University partners at Universities at Shady Grove, empowers undergraduate and graduate students to develop effective learning strategies, persistence, and leadership through customized academic and disability support.
- Contact your faculty member and/or your home campus disability support center for accommodation support for tests and other applicable services
- The USG DSS Testing center will continue answer questions related to testing accommodations and other disability-related needs. Students should email the DSS coordinator at usg-disAbility@umd.edu for assistance.
- Workshops are available for faculty, program directors, or student groups/organizations
- Presentations will be delivered online either by joining/hosting a remote session or recording content
- Request workshops using the online workshop request form
- Study Strategies for Success in Remote Learning Courses
- Online Resources for Students in STEMM Programs
- Easy to use APA style guide
- Free e-textbooks from several major publishers through May 25, 2020
- Learning to Learn Online - free e-book with various tips and information for students and faculty