The Center for Academic Success (CAS), in collaboration with University partners at Universities at Shady Grove, empowers undergraduate and graduate students to develop effective learning strategies, self-efficacy, persistence, and leadership through customized academic and disability support.
Through its programming and resources, CAS assists students in applying newly learned skills and strategies to achieve their academic goals and develop leadership qualities that contribute to USG’s goal of providing the region with a “highly educated and skilled workforce.”
CAS offers the following services:
- Writing appointments for feedback on assignments and personal statements
- Statistics and Research Methods assistance with course work, projects, and presentations
- Academic coaching on time management and study strategies
- Disability support services for students registered with accommodations
- Peer-led programs for targeted courses including Guided Study Sessions and Writing Fellows