- All appointments will continue to be offered remotely by video (through our appointment system) or by phone
- Students sign-up for appointments per standard procedure for all appointments
- Please see this tutorial for making an online appointment
The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) operations are currently modified to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, given the continued challenges with COVID-19. At this time, most services and courses are being provided remotely or online. Access to campus buildings is limited to approved students, faculty, staff and visitors only. Please visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
The John and Effie Macklin Center for Academic Success (MCAS), in collaboration with University partners at Universities at Shady Grove, empowers undergraduate and graduate students to develop effective learning strategies, persistence, and leadership through customized academic and disability support.
- Contact your faculty member and/or your home campus disability support center for accommodation support for tests and other applicable services
- The USG DSS Testing center will continue answer questions related to testing accommodations and other disability-related needs. Students should email the DSS coordinator at usg-disAbility@umd.edu for assistance.
- Workshops are available for faculty, program directors, or student groups/organizations
- Presentations will be delivered online either by joining/hosting a remote session or recording content
- Request workshops using the online workshop request form
- Study Strategies for Success in Remote Learning Courses
- Online Resources for Students in STEMM Programs
- Easy to use APA style guide
- Free e-textbooks from several major publishers through May 25, 2020
- Learning to Learn Online - free e-book with various tips and information for students and faculty