FALL 2020 ON THE USG CAMPUS
The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) fall 2020 operations will be modified in a number of ways to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, given the continued challenges of the COVID-19 global pandemic. At this time, access to campus buildings continues to be restricted and most employees will continue working remotely to provide services.
- Most courses offered by USG’s nine partner universities at USG will be delivered remotely or online. There will be limited instruction on campus, primarily for classes that require the use of specialized laboratories and some additional classes have been approved for limited in-person sessions. Students should consult with their program directors and faculty if they have any questions about courses with in-person or remote instruction.
- All USG student and academic services will continue to be provided remotely. For additional information on specific services, visit these pages:
- Access to campus buildings will be restricted to those who are on campus to provide essential services or for the limited classes that have been approved for on-site instruction.
- There will be no on-campus events during the fall semester, other than the scheduled on-site classes. All USG events for the fall will be held virtually.
- USG IDs with a fall 2020 validation sticker will be required for those regularly on campus starting August 31, 2020. Anyone who is enrolled in or supporting an on-site course or service will receive an email message with detailed instructions on obtaining a USG ID and/or fall 2020 validation sticker. The process will include form and photo submission, and notification of how to pick up the ID when it is ready. Students, staff and faculty members who are not scheduled to have a regular on-site presence can use obtain their USG ID number from the USG Logon ID Self-Service portal. Any faculty or staff members who are is teaching or supporting an on-site course or service and have not received an email with instructions should consult their program director or administrator. Any students, faculty and staff coming on site for a brief period (i.e. pick up purposes) should carry an appointment confirmation and valid government issued photo ID.
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Keeping everyone in the USG community safe and healthy during COVID-19 requires everyone's cooperation in following health and safety protocols while on campus. In that sense, we thank everyone in advance for your commitment to playing your individual part in advancing USG Onward... Together!
- All students, faculty and staff returning to campus, and planning to be on campus for more than 15 minutes, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 14 days of returning.
- All students, faculty and staff who will be coming onto campus will be required to review health and safety guidelines and complete a pledge form to acknowledge their agreement to comply with the guidelines. The USG community pledge can be completed online (please note that a Google account is required to fill out the pledge online form). It can also be downloaded, signed, scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
- All students and faculty must complete this checklist prior to coming to campus. Program Directors must complete this checklist prior to coming to campus.
- Anyone who is on campus will be required to wear masks at all times, consistent with CDC and Montgomery County guidelines.
- Everyone will be expected to practice physical distancing at all times and to wash their hands frequently. Additional hand-sanitizing kiosks will be installed throughout the campus.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS
- To provide students with an additional option for high-speed internet access, the campus’s WiFi network has been extended to the Shady Grove Garage. There will be no parking charges during the fall semester.
- With many students experiencing extreme financial challenges, USG is providing students with the opportunity to apply for emergency assistance support. For more information or to make an appointment visit the Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources.
USG STAFF REQUIREMENTS FOR RETURNING TO WORK ON CAMPUS
- Watch the training video on LinkedIn Learning (if you have never logged in to LinkedIn Learning, go to self-help instructions). After viewing the training video review the Community Responsibility Pledge.
- Testing Requirement - The University System of Maryland (USM) mandate states that "anyone returning in-person to a USM institution must be tested for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to their arrival and must provide university officials confirmation of a negative test result." USG Staff are eligible to register for an upcoming University of Maryland College Park Testing Event.
- Complete the COVID-19 Employee Screening Checklist for symptom tracking/monitoring prior to coming to campus everyday. For more information please visit the HR Return to Work page.