All faculty, staff, and students are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, (or to have received a waiver for religious or medical reasons), prior to returning to campusStudents should submit vaccination records to their home campus health services. Faculty and staff should provide documentation to their home campus HR, per their requirements. Under limited circumstances, the home campus may allow an exemption from vaccination for medical or religious reasons. Please consult the home institution's website for links on how to apply for an exemption. USG will receive confirmation of vaccination and exemption status from home institutions. Progressive discipline for non-compliance with vaccination or other health and safety requirements is managed by the home campus.
Last Updated September 15, 2021
Current Health and Safety Protocols
USG is resuming campus operations, with the following health and safety protocols in place:
- All students, faculty and staff who will be on campus this fall must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the University System of Maryland requirement, unless granted an exemption for medical or religious reasons. Those exempt must follow their home campus testing protocols.
- Face masks are required in indoor public spaces on campus.
- If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be consistent with COVID-19, please do not come to campus.
- See below for more detailed Health and Safety Guidelines and visit our COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions page.
USG Operations for Fall 2021
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) is resuming normal campus operations for the fall semester. Please visit the Campus Resources, Student Services and Priddy Library pages for details about service, support and contact information.
For more details about USG's campus operations please visit the document below.
COVID-19 Testing Clinics
Thanks to an expanded partnership with the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, USG is now pleased to offer more COVID-19 testing options on campus. These clinics provide PCR COVID-19 tests offered free of charge. This testing is available on three different days on the ground floor (G318) of the Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Facility (Building IV):
- Mondays from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - Open to USG Community Only*
- Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. - Open to the Public
- Thursdays from Noon to 7:00 p.m. - Open to USG Community Only*
* Only USG staff, partner staff/faculty, students and IBBR staff may utilize this clinic.
Walk-ins are welcome, however pre-registration is encouraged and can be done via the county website below.
Health and Safety Guidelines
Masks must be worn indoors by all individuals, regardless of vaccination status. Masks must be worn in crowded outdoor spaces by those who are not fully vaccinated.
Masks may be removed indoors under the following limited circumstances:
- If you are by yourself inside a room, office, laboratory, or study area
- Momentarily when eating or drinking (Note: eating is not permitted during classes and labs.)
- Instructors and presenters who are fully vaccinated may choose to remove their mask while teaching or speaking to a group, provided they can maintain physical distancing of at least six feet from all other people in the room at all times, and everyone in the audience is masked.
There are no Montgomery County requirements for physical distancing or limiting numbers of people at a gathering at this time. It is advisable to maintain at least a six feet physical distance from others when removing a mask to eat or drink.
Individuals who have received a vaccination exemption are required to participate in regular COVID-19 testing as dictated by their home campus. Individuals may be prohibited from coming to campus if they are not in compliance with this policy. Test results are to be submitted to each person's home campus according to their protocols. See the information above on COVID-19 testing available on USG’s campus.
To report a positive COVID-19 case to your home campus, use the resources below.
- Bowie - Email Guy-Alain Amoussou and Jerry Isaac
- Salisbury - Email CampusHealth@salisbury.edu or call 410-677-0006
- Towson - Visit towson.edu/coronavirus/report-covid.html
- University of Baltimore - Students must report a positive diagnosis to email@example.com. Faculty and staff must report a positive diagnosis to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore – Call the Coronavirus Hotline 1-800-701-9863
- UMBC - Submit a COVID-19 case report form.
- University of Maryland, College Park - Call the HEAL line 301-405-4325 (HEAL) Hours: M-F 9am-4pm, Sat 12-4pm, Sun 2-6pm; or the after-hours nurse line at 877-924-7758.
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore - Call the Student Health Center at 410-651-6597
- University of Maryland Global Campus - If you have specific questions about coronavirus disease and how it might affect your studies at UMGC, call 800-888-8682 or email email@example.com.
- USG Staff – Call the HEAL line 301-405-4325 (HEAL) Hours: M-F 9am-4pm, Sat 12-4pm, Sun 2-6pm; or the after-hours nurse line at 877-924-7758
For more information about COVID-19 policies and requirements of USG's partner universities, please visit the appropriate link below: