Current USG Operations
Access to the Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) campus continues to be restricted. Most students and employees will continue learning and working remotely. For those authorized to come to campus, please check this webpage frequently for updates to health and safety requirements before coming to campus.
Health and Safety Protocols
Everyone plays an important role in reducing the spread of COVID-19 infection. If you are authorized to come to campus, be sure to take the following steps before and during your time on campus:
- All students, faculty and staff coming to the USG campus for more than 15 minutes must complete the COVID-19 lab tests required by their home institution.
- All students, faculty and staff who are coming to the USG campus are required to read the USG health and safety guidelines and complete the USG pledge form acknowledging agreement to comply with health and safety guidelines in addition to any home campus pledge. The USG pledge can be completed online. It can also be downloaded, signed, scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students, faculty and staff coming to campus must complete a daily symptom check screening, as required by their home institution. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive, or have been in contact with someone who is symptomatic or tested positive, STAY HOME. Contact your health care provider or the student health center associated with your home campus for further instructions.
- Everyone on campus is required to wear a face mask at all times, consistent with CDC, Maryland state and Montgomery County guidelines.
- Everyone on campus will maintain a physical distance of 6-10 feet apart at all times. Group study is strictly prohibited.
- Hand hygiene is an important part of limiting the spread of infection. Wash hands frequently and use hand-sanitizing kiosks installed throughout the campus.
Study Spaces on Campus
Students who would like to come to campus to utilize study space may now do so by pre-registering to reserve space using their USG Logon ID. If you do not have your USG Logon ID, you may claim it by following these instructions. Please note that all individuals coming to campus must follow all of USG's health and safety protocols.
Walk-in COVID-19 Testing Clinics
USG has partnered with the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services to conduct COVID-19 testing on the USG campus every Wednesday, starting on February 24, 2021 through April 28, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Classes, Services and Events
- Most courses offered by USG’s nine partner universities at USG are delivered remotely or online at this time. There will be limited instruction on campus, primarily for classes that require the use of specialized laboratories and some additional classes have been approved for limited in-person sessions. Students should consult with their program directors and faculty if they have any questions about courses with in-person or remote instruction.
- All USG student and academic services will continue to be provided remotely. For additional information on specific services, visit these pages:
- Access to campus buildings is restricted to those who are on campus to provide essential services or for the limited classes that have been approved for on-site instruction.
- USG IDs with a valid Spring 2021 sticker are required for those regularly on campus. Anyone who is enrolled in or supporting an on-site course or service will receive an email message with detailed instructions on obtaining a USG ID and/or Spring 2021 validation sticker. The process will include form and photo submission, and notification of how to pick up the ID when it is ready.
- Students, faculty, and staff who are not scheduled to have a regular on-site presence can use obtain their USG ID number from the USG Logon ID Self-Service portal. Faculty or staff who are teaching or supporting an on-site course or service that have not received an email with instructions should consult their program director or administrator. Any students, faculty or staff coming on site for a brief period (i.e. less than 15 minutes, for pick up purposes) should carry an appointment confirmation and valid government issued photo ID.
Additional Support for Students
- To provide students with an additional option for high-speed internet access, the campus’s WiFi network has been extended to the Shady Grove Garage. There will be no parking charges at this time.
- With many students experiencing extreme financial challenges, USG is providing students with the opportunity to apply for emergency assistance support. For more information or to make an appointment visit the Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources.
USG Staff Requirements for Returning to Work on Campus
- Watch the training video on LinkedIn Learning (if you have never logged in to LinkedIn Learning, go to self-help instructions). After viewing the training video review the Community Responsibility Pledge.
- Testing Requirement - The University System of Maryland (USM) mandate states that "anyone returning in-person to a USM institution must be tested for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to their arrival and must provide university officials confirmation of a negative test result." USG staff are eligible to register for an upcoming University of Maryland, College Park Testing Event.
- Complete the COVID-19 Employee Screening Checklist for symptom tracking/monitoring prior to coming to campus everyday. For more information please visit the HR Return to Work page.