The Terp Transfer Partnership (TTP) program is a Transfer Access Program (TAP) designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to a University of Maryland, College Park (UMD) Bachelor's degree program at The Universities at Shady Grove (USG). Students selected for TTP are determined and talented with a clear vision for their future.
The Terp Transfer Partnership program is completed entirely while students are completing an Associate's Degree at Montgomery College. Students enrolled in a TTP program are eligible to take early advantage of USG’s modern campus, focused student body, and convenience to home and work. Depending on the intended major, TTP students will be able to receive access to exclusive TTP benefits:
- Priority advising with UMD program representatives
- Pre-transfer advising to ensure that you are taking the correct classes at MC
- Early academic advising on UMD program requirements
- Early access to USG student services
- Academic Preparation Workshops
- Career Readiness Events and Connections
- Campus Connections Opportunities
- Two-degree credentials – Associate's Degree and Bachelor’s Degree
The Terp Transfer Partnership program is offered for the following UMD programs at USG:
Biological Sciences | Communication | Criminology and Criminal Justice | Embedded Systems and Internet of Things | Information Science | Public Health Science
R.H. Smith School of Business (Accounting, Marketing, Management)
Upon successful completion of all TTP requirements, students are prepared to seamlessly transfer to one of these high-demand degree programs at USG.
Who is eligible to apply for TTP?
Students can apply for the TTP program at any time during their enrollment at Montgomery College, except during their final semester. In order to be eligible for TTP, students must meet specific requirements based on their program of interest.
Biological Sciences | Communication | Criminology and Criminal Justice | Embedded Systems and Internet of Things | Information Science | Public Health Science | R.H. Smith School of Business (Accounting, Marketing, Management)
What are the requirements to successfully complete TTP?
After gaining acceptance into TTP, students must fulfill these requirements while at MC in order to successfully complete the TTP program:
- Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (requirement varies by program)
- Attend the Terp Transfer Partnership Welcome Celebration at USG
- Meet regularly with your UMD Program Director
- Attend a USG Center for Academic Success Workshop at least once per semester
- Attend a USG Student Life event at least once prior to completion of Associate's Degree
- Meet with a USG Career Coach, Peer Mentor, or attend a Career and Internship Services Center (CISC) workshop/event at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Complete program-specific courses and activities before transferring. Please choose a major below for more information
- Submit the UMD Coalition application for the UMD degree program at USG
Ready to apply to the TTP program?
- Click here to complete the online TTP application.
(Need help finding your high school College Board code? Check out step 3 of these directions.)
- For best consideration submit by
- June 15th for Fall enrollment in TTP
- November 15th for Spring enrollment in TTP.
- Selected applicants will be contacted via email.**
**Please help to ensure that you receive TTP related e-mails by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list.