Transfer Access Programs (TAP) at the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) are designed to exclusively benefit students during their time at Montgomery College (MC) and Frederick Community College (FCC).*
Students enrolled in a Transfer Access Program receive early access to USG services and opportunities that support achievement in the following areas:
- Admission Readiness (through consistent, personalized, major-specific pre-transfer advising)
- Oral & Written Communication
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Digital Technology
- Career Development
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Professionalism & Work Ethic
- Equity & Inclusion
- Personal Well-being
Upon successful completion of a Transfer Access Program, students will be well prepared to transfer to one of the bachelor's degree programs at USG and experience USG’s convenient campus, lower fees, and full-service setting.
- All Transfer Access Programs Offer
- Early access to USG advisers, services, and events while still attending MC or FCC*
- Opportunities to build transfer readiness skills (which align with the USG Career Readiness Competencies)
- The opportunity to earn an Associate's Degree and a Bachelor’s Degree
- One-of-a-kind USG "swag" for TAP-program completers
- Select Transfer Access Programs Offer
- Program application fee waiver
Are you eligible for USG Transfer Access Programs?
- Are you interested in transferring to one of the majors listed below, offered by one of the Maryland universities at USG?
- Will you still be attending Montgomery College or Frederick Community College* next semester (fall or spring)?
- Have you completed any program-specific eligibility requirements? (Click on the program below for more information.)
If you answered yes to all of the questions above, you are eligible to apply for a Transfer Access Program!
If you answered “No” to one or more of the questions above, or if your major is not listed below, you can still transfer to a program at USG. Please visit the How to Apply page for more information, including program contacts.
*Qualified MC students are eligible to join any of the Transfer Access Programs (TAP) listed below. Qualified FCC students are only eligible for the TAP offered by the University of Maryland, College Park.*
Terp Transfer Partnership (TTP)
Open to MC and FCC students
Embedded Systems and Internet of Things
Public Health Science
Raptor to Retriever (R2R)
Open to MC students ONLY
Translational Life Science Technology
Open to MC students ONLY
Construction Management Technology