The Office of Information Technology (OIT) currently offers poster size printing to its students and faculty for academic use and departmental printing for staff. We currently operate an HP Designjet Z3200ps capable of printing 36" wide to 120" long at 1200 dpi in full color using 11 different inks and gloss enhancers.
Poster Printing Guidelines
Poster printing is available for all student, faculty, and staff at the Universities at Shady Grove and will follow these guidelines:
- All prints are done on either 24" or 36" wide Premium Glossy Photo poster roll paper.
- Submitted document(s) will be printed as is. The Office of Information Technology is not responsible for proofreading, formatting, and finishings.
- Submitted document(s) must be provided in the desired printing dimensions up to 36" wide.
- Document(s) must be submitted in one of these formats: PDF, PPT, or PPTX.
- Content must be submitted at least 48 hours in advance to allow for processing and printing in a timely manner.
- You will be notified once your print job has been successfully completed.
- Payment for print jobs will be processed at the time of pick-up through either:
- KFS Accounts, or
- USG Pay-4-Print Service
Students and departments can request poster printing request by visiting the Poster Printing Request Form.
$0.60 per inch height.
Example: 18" (H) x 24" (W) poster = 18 x $0.60 = $10.80 (Total Cost)
Design Recommendations and Tips
The use of high-resolution images (ie. 300 dpi) is strongly recommended to minimize the effects of jagged, grainy, or pixelated images when printing to a large poster.
When starting a new document, ensure the document is set to the desired poster dimensions and resolution. Common poster sizes include:
- 18" x 24" (Standard Lobby Kiosk)
- 28" x 36"
PowerPoint slides have a built-in maximum size of 56 inches.