USG Printing Services
OIT is pleased to announce a new Pay-for-Print service with new feature rich enhancements that enable our user community the fexibility of online account management, web-enabled printing and credit card payment processing. This new service will be available on April 2nd and will run parallel the current system until the final cut-over date of April 13th. To prepare yourself for the new service, please perform the following tasks to ensure a successful transition during the first two weeks of April.
- Students attending classes at USG will gain access to the USG Printing Portal at https://shadygrove.umd.edu/usgprinting with their respective USG Logon IDs.
- If not done yet, sign up to the USG Logon Self Service to gain the ability to reset your USG logon credentials.
- Users may add funds to their accounts using a credit card by visiting the USG Printing Portal at https://shadygrove.umd.edu/usgprinting.
- Users may transfer funds stored on print cards to their new accounts by visiting the OIT Service Desk.
- Download printing instructions HERE.
- Visitors may create guest accounts by visiting https://shadygrove.umd.edu/usgprinting.
- Library patrons will be allowed to print for free until the final cut over date of April 13th.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides printing services using the methods below:
- Direct printing from any USG workstation using a valid USG Logon ID
- Browser-enabled printing from any device connected to the USG network or WiFi using a valid USG Logon ID
- Guest printing using self-service account creation any device connected to the USG network or WiFi
Students and Guest may access the USG Printing Portal at https://shadygrove.umd.edu/usgprinting
|Type||Simplex (Per Page)||Duplex (Per Page)|
|Black & White||$0.10||$0.15|
We currently offer poster size printing to its students and faculty for academic use and internal printing for departmental needs. We currently operate an HP Designjet Z3200ps capable of printing 36" wide to 120" long at 600 dpi in full color using 11 different inks and gloss enhancer. For more information on requesting a poster print job, click here.