The University of Maryland, College Park (UMD) Robert H. Smith School of Business produces graduates who are determined to succeed, equipped with the tools they need to analyze and solve complex problems, prepared to manage and lead, and inspired to build great businesses.
The Terp Transfer Partnership (TTP) program is a Transfer Access Program (TAP) designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to one of the following Robert H. Smith School of Business Bachelor of Science degrees offered at The Universities at Shady Grove (USG): Accounting, Management, and Marketing.
The TTP program for the Robert H. Smith School of Business at USG will help you prepare for all aspects of the transfer process including:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Preparation
- Career Readiness
- Campus Connections
What are the requirements to be considered for TTP?
Students wishing to be considered for the TTP program for the R.H. Smith School of Business at USG should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Do I currently have a GPA of 3.0 or higher?
- Will I still be attending MC next semester (fall or spring)?
- Have I completed (with a "C" or better) or am I registered to take the following courses?
- BSAD 101: Intro to Business
and one of the following courses
- ACCT 221: Principles of Accounting I
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics I
- BSAD 101: Intro to Business
If you answered yes to ALL of the questions above, please utilize these directions to complete the TTP application!
Apply by June 15 to start TTP in the fall || Apply by November 15 to start TTP in the spring
**Please help to ensure that you receive TTP related e-mails by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list.**
What are the requirements to successfully complete TTP?
In order to successfully complete the Terp Transfer Partnership program for the Robert H. Smith School of Business, TTP participants must meet the following requirements. All requirements must be fulfilled while attending Montgomery College.
- TTP Academic Requirements*
- Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC (A.A. in General Studies or Business recommended)
- Graduate from MC with a minimum 3.4 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions
- Earn a C- or better in the following MC courses:
- ACCT 221 (AC201): Accounting I
- ACCT 222 (AC202): Accounting II
- ECON 201 (EC201): Principles of Economics I
- ECON 202 (EC202): Principles of Economics II
- ENGL 102 (EN102): Critical Reading, Writing, and Research OR
ENGL 103 (EN109): Critical Reading, Writing, and Research in the Work Place
- MATH 150 (MA160): Elementary Applied Calculus I OR
MATH 181 (MA181): Calculus I
- BSAD 210 (BA210): Statistics for Business and Economics OR
MATH 117 (MA116): Elements of Statistics
- Additional Requirements
- Attend the Terp Transfer Partnership Welcome Celebration at USG
- Meet with UMD R.H. Smith School of Business Program Director or representative at least once per semester
- Attend a USG Center for Academic Success Workshop at least once per semester
- Meet with a USG Career Coach, Peer Mentor, or attend a Career and Internship Services Center (CISC) workshop/event at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Attend a USG student life activity at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Submit UMD Coalition application for the Robert H. Smith School of Business at USG.
*To see a full description of all R.H. Smith School of Business transfer admissions requirements for all students (regardless of TTP participation), please review the MC Transfer Guide.