What are the APPLICATION requirements to be considered for TTP?
Students who meet the TTP application requirements for the TTP program for Information Science should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Am I attending MC next semester (fall or spring)?
- Have I completed (with a "C" or better) or registered to take both of the following courses?
- CMSC 140: Introduction to Programming
- MATH 117: Elements of Statistics
If you answered yes to both questions above, please utilize these application directions to complete the TTP application!
Apply by June 15 to start TTP in the fall || Apply by November 15 to start TTP in the spring
**Please help to ensure that you receive TTP-related e-mails by adding email@example.com to your email contact list.**
What are the COMPLETION requirements to successfully complete TTP?
Once admitted into TTP, in order to successfully complete the Terp Transfer Partnership for Information Science, TTP participants must meet the following requirements. All requirements must be fulfilled while attending Montgomery College.
- Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC (AA Computer Science & Technologies, Information Sciences & Systems recommended)
- Graduate from MC with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions
- Earn a C- or better in the following MC courses:
- CMSC 140 Intro to Programming
- CMSC 246 Introduction to SQL
- CMSC 135 Introduction to Scripting
- PSYC 102 General Psychology
- MATH 117 Elements of Statistics
- MATH 150 Elementary Applied Calculus I OR MATH 165 Precalculus
- ENGL102 Critical Reading and Research Writing OR ENGL 103 Critical Reading and Research Writing
- Participate in the Terp Transfer Partnership Welcome Activities
- Transfer Access Welcome Module
- Transfer Access Welcome Celebration (virtual during the pandemic, at USG once in-person events resume)
- Meet with the UMD Information Science Program Director or representative at least once per semester
- Attend a minimum of three events/activities (one in each Transfer Readiness Zone) before you transfer
- Academic Readiness (at least one event/activity)
- Career Readiness (at least one event/activity)
- Personal Success (at least one event/activity)
- Submit UMD Coalition application for the Information Science program at USG.