The University of Maryland, College Park (UMD) B.S. in Information Science degree at The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) provides students with necessary skills and knowledge to anticipate and act upon consequences of new information technologies, systems, services and resources. The program prepares students to design solutions, create systems, and lead teams that bring together information, technology, and people to meet critical individual, organizational, and societal needs. InfoSci curriculum uniquely combines technical skills such as database design, information architecture, web and mobile development, and data analytics with the social sciences, leadership, design, and the humanities. Through coursework, internships, career development events, and professional support, students will build careers that place them in leadership roles in information management, information technology, user-centered design, data analytics, and more.
The Terp Transfer Partnership (TTP) program in Information Science is a Transfer Access Program (TAP) designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to the UMD Information Science program at USG.
The TTP program for Information Science will help you prepare for all aspects of the transfer process including:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Preparation
- Career Readiness
- Campus Connections
What are the requirements to be considered for TTP?
Students wishing to be considered for the TTP program for Information Science should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Will I still be attending MC next semester (fall or spring)?
- Have I completed (with a "C" or better) or registered to take both of the following courses?
- CMSC 140: Introduction to Programming
- MATH 117: Elements of Statistics
If you answered yes to both questions above, please utilize these directions to complete the TTP application!
Apply by June 15 to start TTP in the fall || Apply by November 15 to start TTP in the spring
**Please help to ensure that you receive TTP related e-mails by adding email@example.com to your email contact list.**
What are the requirements to successfully complete TTP?
In order to successfully complete the Terp Transfer Partnership for Information Science, TTP participants must meet the following requirements. All requirements must be fulfilled while attending Montgomery College.
- Academic Requirements
- Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC (AA Computer Science & Technologies, Information Sciences & Systems recommended)
- Graduate from MC with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions
- Earn a C- or better in the following MC courses:
- CMSC 140 Intro to Programming
- CMSC 246 Introduction to SQL
- CMSC 135 Introduction to Scripting
- PSYC 102 General Psychology
- MATH 117 Elements of Statistics
- MATH 150 Elementary Applied Calculus I OR
MATH 165 Precalculus
- ENGL102/EN 102 Critical Reading and Research Writing OR
ENGL 103/EN 103: Critical Reading and Research Writing
- Additional Requirements
- Attend the Terp Transfer Partnership Welcome Celebration at USG
- Meet with the UMD Information Science Program Director or representative at least once per semester
- Attend a USG Center for Academic Success (CAS) Workshop at least once per semester
- Meet with a USG Career Coach, Peer Mentor, or attend a Career and Internship Services Center (CISC) workshop/event at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Attend a USG student life activity at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Submit UMD Coalition application for the Information Science program at USG.