The B.A. Criminology and Criminal Justice program is one of the most popular degree programs at the University of Maryland, College Park (UMD). Students in the program study individual, group, and mass behavior, as well as the institutions, professions, and laws that exist to detect, control, and ameliorate the effects of crime.
The Terp Transfer Partnership (TTP) program is a Transfer Access Program (TAP) designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to the UMD Criminology and Criminal Justice (CCJS) program at The Universities at Shady Grove (USG).
The TTP program for Criminology and Criminal Justice will help you prepare for all aspects of the transfer process including:
- Academic Advising
- Academic Preparation
- Career Readiness
- Campus Connections
What are the requirements to be considered for TTP?
Students wishing to be considered for the TTP program for CCJS should be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Will I still be attending MC next semester (fall or spring)?
- Have I completed (with a "C" or better) or am I registered to take CCJS 110: Administration of Justice?
If you answered yes to both questions above, please utilize these directions to complete the TTP application!
Apply by June 15 to start TTP in the fall || Apply by November 15 to start TTP in the spring
**Please help to ensure that you receive TTP related e-mails by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list.**
What are the requirements to successfully complete TTP?
In order to successfully complete the Terp Transfer Partnership for Criminology and Criminal Justice, TTP participants must meet the following requirements. All requirements listed below must be fulfilled while attending Montgomery College.
- Academic Requirements
- Earn an Associate’s Degree from MC (A.A. General Studies recommended)
- Graduate from MC with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previous institutions
- Earn a C- or better in the following MC courses:
- CCJS 110 (CJ100): Administration of Justice
- CCJS 221 (CJ221): Criminal Law
- SOCY 200 (SO107): Criminology
- MATH 113 (MA113): Introduction to Probability OR
MATH 117 (MA 116): Elements of Statistics
- BSAD 210 (BA210): Statistics for Business and Economics
- ENGL 102 (EN102): Techniques of Reading and Writing II
- Additional Requirements
- Attend the Terp Transfer Partnership Welcome Celebration at USG
- Meet with the UMD Criminology and Criminal Justice Program Director or program representative at least once per semester
- Attend a USG Center for Academic Success (CAS) Workshop at least once per semester
- Meet with a USG Career Coach, Peer Mentor, or attend a Career and Internship Services Center (CISC) workshop/event at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Attend a USG student life activity at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Submit the UMD Coalition application for the Criminology and Criminal Justice program at USG.