Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions page. Looking for answers? Keep scrolling!

Question Answer
Will I be earning a degree from The Universities at Shady Grove? No. Graduates of this program receive a Bachelors degree from the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP).
Can I transfer my community college coursework to UMCP? UMCP will evaluate your community college coursework. Applicable transfer credits will be included on your transcript.
Will I have to go to main campus for student life or academic support? Not unless you want to! USG is a full service campus that offers academic & financial aid counselors, academic support & career centers, a full service library, cafe, fitness facilities, student clubs, social activities, and more.
Can I get an internship while I'm a student at USG? USG and the CCJS department have partnered with several local law firms, law enforcement agencies, and similar organizations to offer internships for upper level college credit.
Am I qualified for UMCP scholarships? Yes! CCJS students at USG are eligible for both UMCP and USG scholarship opportunities.
Will I have to take classes at main campus? Not unless you want to. There are ample courses offered at USG and students can complete all program requirements without traveling to main campus.
Do I have to complete all lower level coursework prior to transferring into the program? With advisor approval, students can continue coursework at another institution to complete degree requirements.
Are the admission requirements the same as UMCP's main campus in College Park? On main campus, CCJS is a Limited Enrollment Program (LEP). At USG, our program is not an LEP. A USG application is required to transfer to the USG program.
Can I minor in criminal justice? Yes, you can minor in criminal justice! This option is available to all non-CCJS majors. Learn more about the Minor in Criminal Justice.