Coming in for a pre-transfer advising appointment is the best way to ensure that you are properly prepared to transfer to the Communication program.
Pre-transfer advising appointments typically take about 30 minutes and are with Brian Taylor Schoem in Building III office 5123. Please bring a copy of your unofficial transcript(s) with you to the meeting to be reviewed.
To set up a pre-transfer advising appointment, Please submit an email to us adhering to the proper guidelines listed below:
- Address your email to "email@example.com".
- Within the subject line please write "Pre-Transfer Advising".
- Please send a courteous salutation to our Academic Program Specialist, "Mr. Brian Taylor Schoem".
- To begin your email, please include your full name, the school you are currently attending (i.e.. Montgomery College), and your expected transfer year (i.e.. Spring 2022).
- Within your email, please include your availability for an appointment that week or the upcoming week.
- When ready, please submit your email to our department and Mr. Brian Taylor Schoem will respond to you in a timely manner regarding scheduling an advising appointment.
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Taylor Schoem using the information below:
Office Phone: 301-738-6168
Please feel free to contact us between 1pm-4pm every M-Th and 10am-1pm on Friday for LIVE chatting with a program specialist. Just because we are not in office does not mean we can't answer your questions about UMCP COMM at Shady Grove! Search "firstname.lastname@example.org" on google hangouts to connect with a representative!
Please note: You may also reach us via Facebook Messenger (@Shadygrove Comm)