Student Course Reserves
What Are Course Reserves?
Course Reserves are library-owned copies of textbooks and required readings for many of the classes being taught at USG. These copies are available for short-term use inside the library, including at the self-service scanning stations.
While we make every attempt to procure copies of all textbooks for USG courses, we cannot guarantee that we will have them for any given class. Please check with library staff to determine if we have the title you need!
Accessing and Using Materials on Reserve for USG courses
- During the Summer and Fall of 2021, Course Reserves must be requested at the library service desk
- We can usually look up the information by either the course code (e.g.: ENG 101) or title of the book
- If we have it, you will be directed to our Reserves counter, where a staff member will scan your USG ID card to check out the book to you
- Texts are available for 2-hour loans
- Texts must be used within the library
- We highly recommend using our KIC Bookeye scanners to scan needed sections of the text into PDF format for immediate and later use
- Two KIC scanners are located in the library, which can be used to scan multiple pages at once. For more information, please check our Bookeye Scanning Tips
- When you are finished with the text, return it to the library service desk
Select your home institution below to access e-reserves provided through their campus libraries
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland Baltimore Health Sciences
- University of Maryland Baltimore County
- University of Maryland College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland Global Campus
USG Course Reserves Contacts