Updates & New Features Coming to Academic Writer!
Over the summer, Academic Writer will be updated to adhere to the guidelines in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Seventh Edition. All papers and references will convert to the 7th edition style in early August. If you want to keep any references and papers in the 6th edition of APA, you should download them by July 31, 2020. This handout provides step-by-step instructions on how to download papers and references.
Academic Writer will also have some new features, including the following:
- redesigned engaging and interactive tutorials and quick guides for students within the Learn Center, including self-quizzes integrated within tutorials instead of available on separate tabs
- six additional quick guides covering a range of topics, including one on the common types of student papers that use APA Style
- the ability to create an annotated bibliography within the Write Center
Accessing Academic Writer
USG faculty, students and staff have online access to Academic Writer both on and off campus, a program that is designed to develop research and writing skills and help with APA Style formatting.
- Use Academic Writer for your research and writing needs.
- To create an account, select "Welcome" in the top right hand corner and select "Log In". Either login with an existing account or create a new account.
- If off campus, you must enter your USG ID to use Academic Writer. Also note that, off-campus access only works if you are using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. It does not work with Internet Explorer or Edge.
- Learn Center - Equips faculty and students with a digital media library that includes quizzes, samples, and instructional videos
- Reference Center - Offers tools to help with creating citations and managing your own personal database of sources.
- Write Center - Features guidance for scholarly writing in APA style, preformatted templates, and collaboration with other authors
- Embeddable content for web pages and your LMS courses