Students, faculty, and staff can schedule an appointment to get their IDs here.
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) is committed to creating and maintaining an environment in which all persons that participate in USG programs and activities, perform work, or provide services can learn and work together in a safe and secure environment.
To that end, USG, with the support of its nine institution partners, has implemented a USG ID policy that requires all students, faculty, and staff to obtain and carry a USG ID card anytime they are on campus.
USG IDs serve as a way to quickly identify students, faculty, and staff, safeguarding against inappropriate usage of campus facilities. More importantly, USG ID cards are linked to contact data that can be used to locate and contact members of the USG community should an emergency arise. Students, faculty, and staff can stop by the mailroom to obtain your USG ID.
Menu of Services that require a valid USG ID Card:
Students, Staff, and Faculty must possess an active USG ID card in order to access the following:
- Student & Academic Services
- Center for Academic Success, Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources, Career & Internship Services, and Center for Counseling and Consultation
- Office of Information Technology Resources
- Secure WiFi Access and USG Logon
- Video and Digital Camera Services
- Laptop Loan Programs
- Computer Labs
- Poster Printing
- Help Desk Support
- Campus Resources
- Library "Night Owls"
- Self-service Copy
- Study Rooms Reservations
- Campus Recreation Center
- Public Safety Assistance (non-emergency)
- USG Parking Permits
- Campus Events/Workshops
- Proctoring Services
- USG Veteran's Lounge