The Office of Space Management works with all USG Divisions and institutional partners to ensure that campus space is used efficiently and equitably to fulfill USG's mission and strategic goals. Space Management is responsible for the following roles related to space planning:
- Responds to requests for reallocation or new space creation submitted via the Space Request Form in compliance with the USG Space Use Policy.
- Maintains space inventories and building drawings.
- Conducts space needs analyses for all USG divisions and academic partners as well as for specific spaces like classrooms and teaching laboratories.
- Monitors utilization and make recommendations for more efficient use of space.
- Acts as a liaison between Facilities Planning and all institutional partners to assist with strategic space planning including the adoption of new academic programs and existing program expansion.
- Oversees Academic Scheduling of classrooms and laboratories for all institutional partners and manages USG's campus scheduling software.
Space Management Committee
Representing diverse viewpoints from across campus, the Space Management Committee advises on broader issues regarding space planning, communicates information about space priorities and planning to the USG community, and evaluates requests for space to ensure all allocations meet USG’s mission, goals, and objectives
Membership reflects the components of the flywheel in the USG 2.0 Strategic Plan. This group is responsible for setting yearly priorities, overseeing and making determinations on space requests, communicating with the USG community about space priorities and opportunities, and overseeing implementation and the achievement of project outcomes.
- Career Readiness (1 representative)
- Data Analytics (1 representative)
- Operations (3 representatives to include Business & Finance)
- Pathways (1 representative)
- Academic Programming & Planning (1 representative)
- Community Wealth Building (1 representative)
- Industry Clusters (4 representatives)
- Public Service, Education, & Social Sciences
- Life Sciences & Healthcare
- IT, Computer Science, Engineering
- Business, Hospitality, & Communication