How USG Works
The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) offers select degrees from nine top Maryland public universities all on one convenient campus in Rockville, MD. Take your classes at USG, but apply to and earn your degree directly from the university offering your program. You are taught by the same professors, take the same courses, and have the same curriculum as students enrolled in your program at the university’s home campus.
Benefits of the MC to USG Pathway
The Montgomery College (MC) to USG pathway reduces the overall cost of a four-year college education and includes the financial benefit of being able to live, work and study close to home. More than 75% of students in undergraduate programs on the USG campus transfer from MC. If you enroll in a program offered at USG, you are eligible for scholarships from both your university AND from USG! You can also take advantage of small classes and services such as academic coaching, career advising, internship preparation, personal counseling and leadership training that will equip you with the academic skills and real-world experiences needed for a successful career.
Steps to Get Started
- While at MC make an appointment with your counselor to explore the variety of undergraduate programs offered by the nine universities at USG.
- Contact the program representative(s) for your major at USG (found here) and ask about the admission deadlines and requirements. Also check to see if there is a Transfer Access Program affiliated with your major.
- Learn about USG online through our prospective student resources page or scheduling a virtual appointment. You may also consider "visiting" USG at upcoming virtual information sessions or by taking a student-led virtual tour.
- Stay up-to-date on the application deadlines for the programs in which you’re interested. Don't forget to check Shady Grove as your preferred campus on the application.
- As soon as your final MC grades have been reported, send your completed transcript directly to the university to which you plan to transfer.
For additional transfer information, visit Montgomery College’s website.