The Department of Early Childhood Education is distinguished nationally and regionally by its breadth, expertise and innovative practices.
Towson University has been a leader in teacher preparation for over 150 years, and its programs are recognized for their high quality and innovation. The Department of Early Childhood Education provides a comprehensive academic program, combined with the valuable internship experiences you need to understand how young children develop and learn.
Integrating teaching, scholarship, internships and service, the early childhood education program develops teachers who able to create successful learning environments and support safe and healthy communities. You’ll graduate with the knowledge, skills and dispositions you need to support young children, their families and caregivers, and their communities.
What We Offer
Find out more about the advantages of studying early childhood education at Towson University. The department offers students:
- experiences that emphasize active learning in inclusive environments, the creation of healthy and safe communities, and collaboration with families, caregivers and community agencies;
- acclaimed scholars and practitioners
- internships and mentoring support in culturally and linguistically inclusive classrooms
- individualized advising, with faculty monitoring your plan of study and offering guidance and support
- knowledge and skills needed to integrate technology into the curriculum
- opportunities to participate in professional organizations like the National Association for the Education of Young Children