Undergraduate students have the opportunity to take courses from other University System of Maryland Institutions offering courses at USG to augment their degree program under the Concurrent Inter-Institutional Registration program. Follow the steps below to register for an IIR Course.
- Review the Course Sharing Schedule for USG Inter-Institutional Registration.
- Obtain, complete and sign the Inter-Institutional Registration Application.
- Forward application to your USG Program Director for approval and signature to enroll in the course(s) you have selected.
- The Program Director will forward the signed form to the Office of Academic Scheduling.
- Academic Scheduling will submit to the Host Institution for processing and registration.
Registration will be according to the host institution's policies and deadlines. Fees at the host institutions associated with special courses may be assessed.
Upon completion of the course, the host institution will forward an official transcript to the home institution reflecting the grade(s) earned in the course(s) taken there. The home institution will post the grade(s) to the student's record. A notation that course(s) were taken as part of the Inter-Institutional program, and where the course(s) were taken will appear on the transcript. Course grades will be calculated in the student's grade point average and academic totals at the home institution.