The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) Hawk Line program is a Transfer Access Program (TAP) is designed to benefit Montgomery College students who plan to transfer to a University of Maryland, Eastern Shore (UMES) Bachelor's degree program at The Universities at Shady Grove. Students selected for Hawk Line are determined and talented with a clear vision for their future.
The Hawk Line program is offered for the following UMES degrees: B.S. in Hospitality and Tourism Management and B.S. in Construction Management Technology. Upon successful completion of all Hawk Line requirements, students are fully prepared for the transfer to these degree programs at USG.
The Hawk Line program is completed entirely while students are completing Associate's Degrees at Montgomery College. Students enrolled in the Hawk Line program are eligible to take early advantage of USG’s modern campus, focused student body, and convenience to home and work. Depending on the intended major, Hawk Line students will be able to receive access to exclusive Hawk Line benefits:
- Priority advising for classes at MC
- Early access to UMES academic advising and USG student services
- Academic Advising (with representatives from your specific major)
- Academic Preparation Workshops
- Career Readiness Events and Connections
- Campus Connections Opportunities
- Two-degree credentials – Associate's Degree and Bachelor’s Degree
Who is eligible to apply for Hawk Line?
Students can enroll in the Hawk Line program at any time during their enrollment at Montgomery College, except during their last semester. In order to be eligible to be considered for the Hawk Line, students must meet specific requirements set by their program of interest.
What are Hawk Line participants required to do in order to successfully complete Hawk Line?
After gaining acceptance into Hawk Line, students must fulfill these requirements while at MC in order to successfully complete the Hawk Line program:
- Suggested completion of an Associate’s Degree from MC
- Attend the Hawk Line Orientation session at USG
- Meet with the UMES Program Director for your major at least once per semester
- Meet with the Transfer Access Coordinator at least once per semester
- Attend a USG Center for Academic Success Workshop at least once per semester
- Attend a USG Career and Internship Services program OR meet with USG Career Counselor at least once prior to completion of Associate’s Degree
- Attend a USG campus/student life activity at least once prior to completion of Associate's Degree
- Complete program-specific courses and activities before transferring. Please choose a major below for more information
- Submit a UMES undergraduate admissions for the UMES program at USG
*Students are still eligible for transfer admission to the UMES program if they have not successfully completed all Hawk Line requirements.
Ready to apply to the Hawk Line program?
- Click here to complete the online Hawk Line application
- For best consideration, submit your Hawk Line application by the following deadlines.
- June 15th for Fall enrollment in the Hawk Line
- November 15th for Spring enrollment in the Hawk Line.
- Selected applicants will be contacted via email.**
**Please help to ensure that you receive Hawk Line related emails by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contact list.