The University of Baltimore offers the M.S. in Health Administration at the Universities at Shady Grove in convenient Saturday and online formats in a rapid 10-week session.
This master's program is geared toward working professionals who want to advance their careers in health care:
- Health-care managers or program administrators in search of professional advancement
- Nurses or technicians needing a master’s degree to move up the earnings scale
- Supervisors seeking the in-depth strategic knowledge that a master’s-level education provides.
Because leaders in the health systems field must excel as multidisciplinary professionals, you'll delve deeply into various aspects of health care management, including finance, epidemiology, information systems, laws and ethics, and more.
This program's curriculum addresses the various content areas recommended by the Association of University Programs in Health Administration.
WHY STUDY HEALTH ADMINISTRATION?
Health-care legislation is altering the country’s political, economic and social landscape. Demand for well-educated health systems managers is already strong, and it’s growing. This program can help you become a highly effective administrator in a health-related environment.
The Universities at Shady Grove is situated along Montgomery County's expanding "high-tech" corridor, highly diversified with advanced professional, research and tech services at its core; it's also close to Shady Grove Adventist Hospital and other medical facilities.
Need more reasons? Check out these stats (all from Gazette.net):
- About 64,000 people work in the education and health services industry in Montgomery County—the second largest industry in the county, according to 2011 state employment estimates.
- Providers such as Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Adventist Healthcare and Holy Cross Hospital together employ nearly 20,000 workers in the county, according to county data from April 2012.
- In one year, from third quarter 2010 to third quarter 2011, general medical and surgical hospitals in Montgomery County added 800 jobs.
- Employers in Montgomery County advertised in July 2012 more openings in health care—about 787—than they did in any other field besides professional, scientific and technical services, according to state labor data.
WHAT IS THE SATURDAY FORMAT?
Classes are held Saturdays and online in rapid 10-week sessions that help you fit your commitment to education into your career and personal life; you can earn your degree in just two years.
The program provides you flexibility depending on your previous work experience, allowing you to graduate with 6 fewer credits or to supplement your coursework through a hands-on internship.
ADMISSION STANDARDS AND DEADLINES
Applications are available online, by calling the UB Office of Graduate Admission at 410.837.6565 or by visiting the Office of Student Services at the Universities at Shady Grove.
TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
Students enrolled in this program are charged the same tuition as those attending the University of Baltimore, but may have differing fees based on home campus. Financial aid is available to students and is administered through UB. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Your UB at USG education is now even more affordable.
UB is now offering in-state tuition to graduate students in Washington, D.C., and Northern Virginia (Arlington, Loudon, Fairfax and Prince William counties and Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park). This tuition discount applies to programs at USG, where you pay the same tuition and have the same financial aid opportunities as does any other UB student.
For more information, please visit the UB Office of Financial Aid Web pages.