Montgomery County's Ride-on Bus System
This system is tightly integrated with the Metrorail, Metrobus and MARC commuter rail systems.
For specific route information please go to Ride-On website or call 240-777-7433.
- Montgomery Taxicab 301-926-9306
15858 Somerville Drive, Rockville, MD 20855 (3.60 miles away)
- Action Taxicab 240-552-9403
15805 Paramount Drive, Gaithersburg, MD 20877 (3.81 miles away)
- uberPool matches you with riders heading in the same direction so you can share the ride and the cost.
Carpool on Demand
- RideFlag finds ideal carpool routes. Drivers submit their destination and are notified when a rider requests a carpool.
- The CarPo App was created by a University of Maryland student. Learn more about it in The Diamondback.
MetroRail and MetroBus Systems
For information on the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority's Metrorail and Metrobus services, please click here for maps and schedules.
Get instant transit information and point-to-point directions using the RideGuide, the interactive trip planning service for the Metrorail and Metrobus systems. You can also call Metro for more information at 202-637-7000.
Metro Directions from College Park, Md. to USG:
- Depart from the College Park/University of Maryland Metro Station (Green Line).
- Transfer at the Fort Totten Metro Station and follow the Red Line to the Shady Grove Metro Station.
- Transfer to the Route 43 Ride-on Bus, which is the most direct Ride-on bus route to USG.
Students and visitors may also use the MARC Commuter Rail coming from Baltimore and points west (West Virginia and Frederick, MD area). Click here see the following for specific schedules and maps.
Three major airports service the Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Metrorail, bus and MARC Train services are available from each of the major airports.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National (DCA)
- Baltimore-Washington International (BWI)
- Washington Dulles International (IAD)