Local Resources for Veterans
Veterans Enrollment Certification
For every semester you intend to use benefits, you must submit a Request for Certification for VA Benefits to your respective institution’s VA office. The designated certifying official will submit your enrollment confirmation directly to VA. Please note the following:
- This form can only be submitted after you have registered for classes.
- If this is your first semester at USG or you have changed your major, you must submit a 22-1995/22-5495 to the VA. Mail this form to the Buffalo Regional Office.
- The VA will release benefits within 4-6 weeks after the University’s Veterans Certification Office receives your Request for Certification for VA Benefits.
Below you will find the links to your respective institution veterans’ office and information regarding the certification process.
- Bowie State University
- Salisbury University
- Towson University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland, School of Nursing
- University of Maryland, College Park
- University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- University of Maryland Global Campus
Veterans Education Benefits
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
- Chapter 32 - Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserves