The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) is committed to creating and maintaining an environment in which all persons that participate in USG programs and activities, perform work, or provide services can learn and work together in a safe and secure environment.
To that end, USG with the support of their nine institution partners, has implemented a USG ID policy which requires all students’, faculty and staff to obtain and carry a USG ID card anytime they are on campus.
USG IDs serve as a way to quickly identify students, faculty and staff safeguarding against inappropriate usage of campus facilities. More importantly, USG ID cards are linked to contact data that can be used to locate and contact members of the USG community should an emergency situation arise. To obtain your USG ID currently enrolled students can stop by the SAS Suite.
Menu of Services that require a valid USG ID card:
Students, Staff and Faculty must possess an active USG ID card in order to access the following:
- Computer labs
- Student & Academic Services:
- Center for Academic Success, Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources, Career & Internship Services, Center for Counseling and Consultation, and Center for Recruitment and Transfer Access
- Parking Permit
- Library “Night Owls”
- Campus Recreation Center
- Study rooms
- Bookstore buyback
- Self-service copy
- Campus events and workshops
- Office of Information Technology Resources:
- Laptop loan programs, secure Wi-Fi access, poster printing, helpdesk support, video camera and digital camera services
- Proctoring services
- Public safety assistance (non-emergency)
- Veteran’s Lounge
- Reservation of campus facilities (basketball courts, Gooseneck field, Ping Pong Room, etc.