Welcome to USG!
Below is some information that will be helpful to you as you become a part of the USG community.
- USG Virtual New Student Orientation - learn about USG's many services, review some important first steps, and test your USG knowledge. (The link will open in a new tab or window.) Complete the Verification form at the end, and bring the confirmation email to the Student Engagement Suite in SGIII to receive a prize!
- USG Virtual Campus Tour
- USG Onward: USG Operations and Campus Updates Amid COVID-19
How to Get Help
- Center for Student Engagement and Financial Services: financial resources, scholarships, student life and organizations, leadership opportunities, USG ID cards, and more
- Career and Internship Services Center: internship opportunities, career coaching, resume & cover letter reviews, interview preparation & salary negotiation, student employment, and more
- Center for Academic Success: time management coaching, study strategies, feedback on papers, disability support, and more
- Center for Counseling and Consultation: individual & couples counseling, career & major counseling, group counseling, skills workshops, and more
- Office of Information Technology: technical support, equipment loans, computer labs, USG Logon ID, and more
- Priddy Library: group study rooms, workshops, research consultations, Night Owls (extended hours), and more
- Public Safety and Security: USG has 24/7 security personnel with desks in each building in addition to regular patrols. Safety escorts are available upon request.
- Please note that all USG Faculty, Students, and Staff are required to obtain and carry a USG ID card when they are on campus.
- Apply for USG Scholarships: Fall priority deadline June 30th and the final deadline is July 31st; Spring priority deadline November 30th and the final deadline is December 31st
- Obtain your USG Logon ID credentials
- Register for a parking permit when available.
- Sign up for emergency text alerts
- Home Institution Crisis Fund and CARES Act Information
- COVID-19 Resources
- Community Resources and Referrals: child care, medical care/insurance, apartments & housing, and more!
- Computer and Software Purchase Programs
- Graduate Student Resources
- LGBTQIA+ Resources
- Veterans' Resources
- Title IX Information
- Undocumented Student Resources
- Financial Literacy Resources
Did You Know?
- Did you know: USG has All-Gender Restrooms in Building III (1st floor near the Priddy Library and the Student & Academic Services office), as well as the BSE.
- USG students, faculty, and staff can now enjoy the privacy of the Wellness Room located in room III-3236 and IV-1302 for qualified personal use such as a lactation room for new moms and a private room for attending minor medical issues. Please visit the Wellness Room website for instructions on how to access these rooms.
- USG provides a reserved space to all students, faculty/staff who are military veterans, active duty, reserve, and National Guard members. The USG Center For Vets is located in Building III, 4th Floor, Room 4234. It is open from 8 am-midnight. Please fill out this form for the code to access the room.
- USG offers a Meditation Space to its students, faculty, and staff members for quiet time and prayers, located in Building III, 4th floor behind the south tower elevators