USG's fall 2020 operations have been modified to protect the health and safety of our campus community. All services are being provided remotely. Access to campus buildings is restricted, as most classes are online and on-campus instruction is limited to a small number of lab courses.
Students, faculty and staff who will be on campus this semester for classes or essential operations are required to certify with their home campuses that they have completed a Covid-19 test within 14 days prior to their return to campus and that the test was negative. Anyone who is on campus is required to wear a mask at all times, consistent with CDC and Montgomery County guidelines. Visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
Welcome to USG!
Below is some information that will be helpful to you as you become a part of the USG community.
- USG Virtual New Student Orientation - learn about USG's many services, review some important first steps, and test your USG knowledge. (The link will open in a new tab or window.) Complete the Verification form at the end, and bring the confirmation email to the Student Engagement Suite in SGIII to receive a prize!
- USG Virtual Tour
- Around the Grove Locations
- Download USG Mobile! Instant access to events and services on-campus. Available in the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Join us during the Fall 2020 Welcome Week to learn more about life and USG and receive free coffee, tea, snacks, and swag!
- Student Organizations
- Leadership Opportunities
- Student Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Student Employment
- Student Ambassadors
How to Get Help
- Center for Student Engagement and Financial Services: financial resources, scholarships, student life and organizations, student employment, leadership opportunities, USG ID cards, and more
- Career and Internship Services Center: internship opportunities, career coaching, resume & cover letter reviews, interview preparation & salary negotiation, and more
- Center for Academic Success: time management coaching, study strategies, feedback on papers, disability support, and more
- Center for Counseling and Consultation: individual & couples counseling, career & major counseling, group counseling, skills workshops, and more
- Office of Information Technology: technical support, equipment loans, computer labs, USG Logon ID, and more
- Priddy Library: group study rooms, workshops, research consultations, Night Owls (extended hours), and more
- Public Safety and Security: USG has 24/7 security personnel with desks in each building in addition to regular patrols. Safety escorts are available upon request.
- Please note that all USG Faculty, Students, and Staff are required to obtain and carry a USG ID card when they are on campus.
- Apply for USG Scholarships: the priority deadline for Fall 2020 is June 30th. The final deadline is July 31st
- Obtain your USG Logon ID credentials
- Register for a parking permit
- Sign up for emergency text alerts
- Home Institution Crisis Fund and CARES Act Information
- COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 USG Emergency Assistance Request
- Community Resources and Referrals: child care, medical care/insurance, apartments & housing, and more!
- Computer and Software Purchase Programs
- Graduate Student Resources
- International Student Resources
- LGBTQIA+ Resources
- Veterans' Resources
- Shuttle to UMD: Free shuttle to College Park campus; USG ID required
- Title IX Information
- Undocumented Student Resources
- Financial Literacy Resources
Did You Know?
- Did you know: USG has All-Gender Restrooms in Building III (1st floor near the Priddy Library and the Student & Academic Services office), as well as the BSE.
- USG students, faculty, and staff can now enjoy the privacy of the Wellness Room located in room III-3236 and IV-1302 for qualified personal use such as a lactation room for new moms and a private room for attending minor medical issues. Please visit the Wellness Room website for instructions on how to access these rooms.
- USG provides a reserved space to all students, faculty/staff who are military veterans, active duty, reserve, and National Guard members. The USG Center For Vets is located in Building III, 2nd Floor, adjacent to the student lounge and the recreational center. It is open from 8 am-midnight. Please fill out this form for the code to access the room.
- USG offers a Meditation Space to its students, faculty, and staff members for quiet time and prayers, located in Building III, 4th floor behind the south tower elevators