Graduate Student Professional Development Stipend Awards
Graduate Student Professional Development Stipend Awards can be used to fund costs directly related to one’s professional development, for expenses such as:
- attending or presenting at a conference/workshop/training/event relevant to one’s professional goals
- conference presentation supplies (poster board, photocopies, etc.)
- membership fees for professional organizations
- fees for professional certifications
Professional development in this context means building skills related to navigating one’s career, networking, communicating one’s research/work, and expanding one’s educational-professional portfolio. Other requests that fall under this description will be considered (please review the details below).
- Only open to graduate students enrolled in programs at USG.
- Not for use towards academics (textbooks, tuition, academic fees, etc.), or travel (transportation, hotels, etc.)
- This application must be completed and approved prior to the requested expenses being made: reimbursements are not allowed.
- Completion of this application does not guarantee funding.
- The deadlines for submitting this application are:
- Fall Term: October 1
- Spring Term: February 1; rolling thereafter if funding remains
- Students may receive a maximum award of $250
- Recipients will be asked to submit a testimonial, explaining how the receipt of the stipend provided them a valuable professional development opportunity, by the end of the awarded semester
A complete application includes:
- Graduate Student Professional Development Stipend Awards Application Form
- Name of a Program Director, Program Coordinator, or Academic Advisor who can serve as a reference
- Statement detailing why you are requesting this award
Cynthia Mohamed (UB, Forensic Science)
Ebenezer Obasiolu (UMBC, Cybersecurity)
Sean Wright (UB, Health Systems Management)
Emily Clark (UMB, Social Work)
Vercie Davis (UMBC, I/0 Psychology)
Ellen Levine (UMB, Social Work)
Iya Meyer (UMBC, I/0 Psychology)
Diviana Penado (UB, Forensic Science)