Welcome to USG Grover Essentials
USG recognizes that food insecurity and hunger is prevalent on college campuses and can have a negative impact on physical, mental, and emotional health. For that reason, USG has developed an on-site resource to increase food access and promote wellness at USG. Grover Essentials was opened at the end of August 2018 to provide supplemental food and basic necessities that we hope will contribute to the well-being and success of our community.
Feminine Pads, Tampons, Shampoo, Deodorant (for both males and females), Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Baby Wipes, Baby Lotion and Diapers (preferred sizes 2, 3, and 4). We also take reusable bags and cleaning supplies (laundry detergent & Clorox wipes).Where can I find out more information on food and community resources? For more information please check out the food assistance section of the Community Resource page. Is food that is past the best by date safe to eat? In general yes, please see the key below to better understand some of the food terminology and meaning:
- Use-By: This label is aimed at consumers as a directive of the date by which the product should be eaten; mostly because of quality, not because the item will necessarily make you sick if eaten after the use-by date.
- Best-By: This is a suggestion to the consumer on which date the product should be consumed to assure for ideal quality.
- Sell-By: This label is aimed at retailers, and it informs them of the date by which the product should be sold or removed from shelf life. This does not mean that the product is unsafe to consume after the date.
- Canned tomatoes & tomato sauce (high-acid foods) can last up to 18 months after the use by date, best by date and sell by dates.
- Canned vegetables such as corn and green beans (low-acid foods) can last up to 5 years after the use by date, best by date and sell by dates.