USG’s Career & Internship Services Center (CISC) staff look forward to supporting every student enrolled in a program at USG through their career development process. Among our many services, the CISC offers one-on-one career coaching with professional coaches. We encourage all students at USG to take advantage of these services as they prepare for their professional careers, and/or entry into graduate school upon graduation.
So that we may serve all students equitably and with the highest quality service, we ask that students adhere to our coaching policies as outlined below. For more information about our services, or for questions about these policies, please contact our staff at 301-738-6338, email@example.com. We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to meeting with you.
- Current undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in academic programs at USG that have a valid Student ID card.
- Alumni who attended their academic program at USG.
- Authorized students enrolled in Transfer Access Programs, ACES, and CEO programs sponsored by USG.
Students may schedule appointments with a professional Career Coach to develop a personalized Career Development Plan, and to discuss a variety of career development topics including career exploration, experiential learning opportunities, resume and cover letter writing, job search strategies, interview preparation, and job placement for select placements. Students may also meet with CISC Career Coaches for assistance with graduate/professional school exploration and the admissions process.
All scheduled appointments with Career Coaches are 30 minutes long and can be in person, over the phone, or done virtually through Google hangouts.
Scheduling an Appointment
All students can schedule appointments through their USG Career Connector account. A step-by-step guide can be found in this downloadable PDF. If you have any questions, please contact the main CISC phone line, 301-738-6338 during normal business hours.
When arriving for every appointment:
- Students must arrive on-time for their scheduled appointment. If a student is more than 10 minutes late, they may be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- All current students must present a current USG Student ID card to CISC front desk staff upon arrival.
- If a student is having a resume and/or cover letter reviewed, they must bring a hard copy of the document(s) to their appointment.
There is a limit of five appointments, per student per semester. Exceptions can be made by special request or on a case-by-case basis.
If students need to cancel an appointment, they must do so at least 24 hours in advance. Any missed appointments that are not cancelled in advance and are not “excused” by CISC staff due to emergency circumstances will be counted toward the five appointment limit for the semester.