“What do you want to do when you graduate?” Some students know exactly what they want to do, others might not be so sure, and it is completely fine to not to know exactly what career you want to enter into. However, use your time as an undergraduate to explore the different fields, see what you might be interested in, or what you definitely don’t want to do. The CISC has plenty of online resources to help you explore various careers. Take the Focus-2 Assessment to find what career might match your personal characteristics then use Career Coach to see what the current national average salary is as well as job openings in the area. It’s important to remember that the results you receive from any online assessment are not set in stone. They are simply suggestions and each assessment could give you a different result.
- Focus-2 Self Career Inventory & Self-Assessment: Focus-2 is an online career and education planning system based on established career and counseling principles. It provides a complete picture of your interests, values, personality, skills, and leisure activities using self-assessment questionnaires, interest inventories, and personality testing. After assessing your personal attributes, the system searches its career and occupational information database to identify and analyze occupations and career paths that match your personal characteristics. All USG students and alumni are eligible for free registration. To get FREE access to Focus-2, USG students may go to the USG Focus-2 portal and register for an account using the following access code: usg
- Career Coach: Career Coach is designed to help you find a good career by providing the most current local data on wages, employment, job postings, and associated education and training. Just enter a keyword of whatever career suits your interest and quickly learn about employment prospects in the field, job opportunities, income potential, job skills needed, and the education and training available at Montgomery College, Maryland. Get started today on your road to a new future and give it a try. Career Coach is unique to our geographic area. The job listings and information provided are specific to Montgomery County and the surrounding localities. You won’t find it anywhere else in the region. We offer it as a service to our students, future students and members of our community. We invite you to come back often and tell your friends about Career Coach. Happy searching!
- NACE Salary Survey – Calculate the average median salary for specific positions as well as what would be a likely starting salary based on the location you choose.
- Online Self-Assessments:
- Career Personality & Aptitude Test – Sponsored by GoodTherapy.org this 240 questions evaluates your personality, values and interests to match you with a job field
- Work Values Assessment– determine what values you would want most in a job and employer
- Work Values Inventory – determine what values will satisfy you the most in a job
- Jung Typology Test – find out your 4-letter personality type based on Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typological approach to personality
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) – This 8 minute evaluation is confidential and free. The results will include a description of of which one of the 16 Myers-Briggs Type Indicator personality categories you likely belong to.