The Career & Internship Services Center is here to assist you in the career-related work you do with students, from advising students on career options, to coordinating internships and classroom presentations. We offer consultation services for faculty and staff at USG who are seeking career related guidance, information, resources, or tools for their student cohorts. Through collaboration with the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) and other professional organizations, the CISC has a variety of resources on national standards, best practices, industry trends, and the latest tools which can provide guidance on career development for the USG community.
- Syllabus Statement - Faculty are encouraged to include the statement below in their course Syllabi each semester. This information is intended to educate students on the career readiness support services available to them; and to encourage student engagement in the career planning process.
- In-Class Presentations and Workshops: Topics include industry-focused resume writing, behavioral interviewing best practices, internship and job search strategies, LinkedIn training & profile development. Request a presentation today.
- Resume and Interview Clinics: Time set aside by career coaches to see students one-on-one for 20-30 minutes outside of class. Students sign up in advance for time slots and career coaches send faculty members detailed feedback on a behavioral interviewing rubric.
- Big Interview: Encourage students to use our Big Interview platform to practice their interview skills, whether they are preparing for a job or graduate school. If you wish to create an assignment for your class using Big Interview, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Extra Credit for Event Attendance: Students attend an event outside of class time. CISC provides professors with a sign-in list of those who attended.