USG’s Career & Internship Services Center (CISC) staff look forward to supporting every student enrolled in a program at USG through their career development process. Among our many services, the CISC offers small group coaching with professional coaches. We encourage all students at USG to take advantage of these services and those offered by home campuses as they prepare for their professional careers, and/or entry into graduate school upon graduation.
So that we may serve all students equitably and with the highest quality service, we ask that students adhere to our coaching policies as outlined below. For more information about our services, or for questions about these policies, please contact our staff at 301-738-6338 or email@example.com. We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to meeting with you.
- Current undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in academic programs at USG that have a valid Student ID card
- Alumni who attended their academic program at USG
- Authorized students enrolled in Transfer Access Programs, ACES, and CEO programs sponsored by USG
Coaching Services: Small Group Career Coaching
(Career Planning, Resumes, Interview Prep, Internships, Job Search Strategies)
Small group coaching for up to 10 students can be scheduled via our Career Connector virtual platform. Virtual small group coaching will be available on Mondays, and and in-person small group coaching will be available on Thursdays.
To sign up for a slot:
- Log on to Career Connector and click on the "Recommended Events" box or the Events tab in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the blue Register button inthe top righthand corner.
- Confirn your attendance by clicking Register on the next screen.
Scheduling an Appointment
All students can schedule appointments through their USG Career Connector account. If you have any questions, please contact the main CISC phone line, 301-738-6338 during normal business hours.
When arriving for every appointment:
- Students must arrive on-time for their scheduled appointment. If a student is more than 10 minutes late, they may be asked to reschedule their appointment
- All current students must present a current USG Student ID card to CISC front desk staff upon arrival
- If a student is having a resume and/or cover letter reviewed, they must bring a hard copy of the document(s) to their appointment
There is a limit of five appointments, per student per semester. Exceptions can be made by special request or on a case-by-case basis.
If students need to cancel an appointment, they must do so at least 24 hours in advance. Any missed appointments that are not cancelled in advance and are not “excused” by CISC staff due to emergency circumstances will be counted toward the five appointment limit for the semester.
USG's Career & Internship Services Center adheres to the National Career Development Association Code of Ethics, which are compatible with the American Counseling Association Code of Ethics, with profession-specific guidelines for career coaches. Our Center also follows NACE Principals for Ethical Practice and NACE Professional Standards for College and University Career Services.