- Employer Statement of Understanding
- Guidelines for Unpaid Internships
- Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act
CONDITIONS AND UNDERSTANDINGS
The Career & Internship Service Center's services are made available with the following conditions and understandings:
- Organizations agree to provide detailed position and organization descriptions to the Career Service Center.
- Organizations will report information and/or respond to follow-up inquiries from the Career & Internship Services Center regarding the status of the position by providing the number of employment offers and salary levels when USG students are hired and when changes occur in their work status. Organizations agree to site visits by Career & Internship Services Center staff as requested.
- Student resumes will be transmitted on the condition that parties outside of your organization will not be permitted access to the resumes without the written consent of the student.
- Organizations understand that persons whose services they may engage through contact with the Career & Internship Services Center are not offering those services as agents or employees of The Universities at Shady Grove. In addition, while the Career & Internship Services Center endeavors to match skills and interests reported on a resume with an understanding of the organization's request, The Universities at Shady Grove makes no warranty and can undertake no responsibility concerning an individual's suitability or performance. It is the responsibility of the Organization to undertake such background and reference checks as it believes prudent. USG shall bear no liability for the conduct or neglect of persons engaged by the Organization through the services of the Career & Internship Services Center.
- Organizations will abide by all other National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct for Employment Professionals. If you have trouble accessing this web site, feel free to call the Career & Internship Services Center at 301.738.6023 to request a copy.
- Organizations agree to provide students with quality training and supervision. Job assignments will relate to the student's major or academic interests and involve both creative problem solving and progressively increased levels of responsibility. Job assignments should include no more than 25% clerical duties.
- Organizations agree to complete an evaluation of each student at least once a semester.
- Organizations requesting services from the Universities at Shady Grove shall be equal opportunity employers in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws. USG does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, or political affiliation, or on the basis of the exercise of rights secured by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution.
- Employers of interns shall agree to all of the above conditions and the following additional conditions:
- By completing your employer profile and posting jobs online with the Career & Internship Services Center, you are registering for one or more of its employment programs and agree to the following conditions:
- I authorize release of all information in my employer profile to all prospective employees or other individuals deemed appropriate by the University Career Center.
- To the best of my knowledge, the information I have provided and will provide to USG is correct and true.
- I understand that registration with this online service does not guarantee a job placement and that all hiring decisions are made by the employing organizations and not the Career & Internship Services Center.
- Information provided is housed on third-party servers and the data will be used only for the applicable employment programs. Survey data released to other parties will not contain any identifying information. The data will never be sold or in any way released to any parties outside of the employment process.
The Universities at Shady Grove Career & Internship Services Center's policy of non-discrimination applies to all current and prospective employers participating or seeking to participate in Career & Internship Services Center employment services or educational activities.