The Facilities and Planning department oversees the building operation and maintenance of the Universities at Shady Grove (USG). The Program Manager of Laboratory Services will be responsible to oversee all laboratories in conjunction with the various academic programs in the USG Biomedical Sciences and Engineering Education Building (BSE). The Program Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations, coordinate equipment sharing, equipment inventory and asset management, equipment procurement, and efficient operation and maintenance of laboratory environmental and building systems.
The BSE is the fourth building on the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) campus. Completed in November 2019, the addition of the BSE enables USG and its university partners to set a new standard in delivering high-quality, higher education — baccalaureate, professional, and advanced graduate degrees — to directly meet the region’s economic and workforce development needs.
The BSE has been thoughtfully designed to prepare students in real-world settings for some of today’s most sought-after careers in our region’s fastest-growing industries. Programs in this building — including healthcare, biosciences, engineering, and computational science disciplines — will serve thousands of students from USG, and create the capacity to double the size of the current student body.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of related experience in technical laboratories and facilities and a demonstrated understanding of multiple lab management and safety practices. The position requires extensive interaction with administration, faculty, technical support, Procurement, and other University personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of building facilities, building operations, and/or information technology and data management systems
- Experience working with procurement, inventory, and maintenance of Laboratory equipment
- Experience in using Microsoft Office with strong proficiency in Excel including the creation of pivot tables, diagrams, documents and presentations
- Demonstrated experience with data management, critical thinking and attention to detail
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Work is performed in both an office environment and in the field. Incumbent will be required to perform hands-on tasks with equipment which will require the ability to lift, bend, stoop, and working at heights. Incumbent must be able to wear and work in personal protective equipment. Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- This position is located in Rockville, MD.
- Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information reported by the background check will not automatically disqualify you from employment.
The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit, https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/99305