In April, Governor Larry Hogan unveiled his plan for a safe, effective, and gradual approach to reopening public life and the economy of Maryland as outlined in his Maryland Strong Roadmap for Recovery.
Since the state and USM have agreed to begin planning for reopening, the Universities at Shady Grove (USG) leadership team has begun making plans for a safe and gradual process for the resumption of on-campus operations. A Campus Reopening Task Force (CRTF) has been established comprised of colleagues throughout the USG Community who are assisting in formulating detailed strategies and actions for reopening the campus. There will not be a single date for the full reopening of the physical campus; the campus plan will be guided by public health expertise.
At this time, all USG employees who are currently working remotely should plan to do so until further notice.
Requirements for Returning to Work on Campus
Preparing to Return
- Watch the training video on LinkedIn Learning.
- If you have never logged in to LinkedIn Learning, click here for self-help instructions.
- Community Responsibility Pledge - Download for reference. Employees must view the training video which includes the community pledge.
- Testing Requirement - The University System of Maryland (USM) mandate states that "anyone returning in-person to a USM institution must be tested for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to their arrival and must provide university officials confirmation of a negative test result." USG Staff are eligible to participate in the upcoming University of Maryland College Park Testing Event. Please register here. You can register beginning the week of August 17, 2020. Please find more information in the link below under "Resources".
- Complete the COVID-19 Employee Screening Checklist for symptom tracking/monitoring prior to coming to campus everyday.
- You will also receive a reminder email each morning with a link to the survey.