The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) operations are currently modified to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, given the continued challenges with COVID-19. At this time, most services and courses are being provided remotely or online. Access to campus buildings is restricted to essential personnel and those who require the use of specialized laboratories for courses on campus. Please visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
At this time, all USG employees who are currently working remotely should plan to do so until further notice.
Requirements for Returning to Work on Campus
Preparing to Return
- Watch the training video on LinkedIn Learning.
- If you have never logged in to LinkedIn Learning, click here for self-help instructions.
- Community Responsibility Pledge - Download for reference. Employees must view the training video which includes the community pledge.
- Testing Requirement - Testing remains a critical component of COVID-19 mitigation. The University System of Maryland (USM) mandate states that "anyone returning in-person to a USM institution must be tested for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to their arrival and must provide university officials confirmation of a negative test result." Starting in the Spring 2021 semester (January 25), on-going testing will be required for all staff and faculty members every two weeks. Please note that these requirements may change as the situation evolves and as we receive new guidance from the USM. We will continue to update you on any changes in requirements for the Spring 2021 semester. USG Staff are eligible to participate in University of Maryland College Park Testing Events. You can make a testing appointment at return.umd.edu. Please find more information in the link below under "Resources".
- Complete the COVID-19 Employee Screening Checklist for symptom tracking/monitoring prior to coming to campus everyday.
- You will also receive a reminder email each morning with a link to the survey.
The University Health Center (UHC) and the UMD Task Force on Vaccine Distribution are preparing for a safe and efficient vaccination plan for the UMD/USG community. As of now, the campus has not received any dosage of the vaccine. Once the vaccine is available to the campus, UMD will follow the CDC and State of Maryland guidelines for equitable vaccine distribution. Governor Hogan has outlined a phased approach for vaccine dissemination to the State of Maryland. You will receive communication about priority criteria for vaccination administration as soon as it is available. In the meantime, the CDC has developed eight important things to know about the COVID-19 vaccine.