Requirements for Returning to Work on Campus
Preparing to Return
- Watch the training video on LinkedIn Learning.
- If you have never logged in to LinkedIn Learning, click here for self-help instructions.
- Community Responsibility Pledge - Download for reference. Employees must view the training video which includes the community pledge.
- Testing Requirement - Testing remains a critical component of COVID-19 mitigation. The University System of Maryland (USM) mandate states that "anyone returning in-person to a USM institution must be tested for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to their arrival and must provide university officials confirmation of a negative test result." Starting in the Spring 2021 semester (January 25), on-going testing will be required for all staff and faculty members every two weeks. Please note that these requirements may change as the situation evolves and as we receive new guidance from the USM. We will continue to update you on any changes in requirements for the Spring 2021 semester. USG Staff are eligible to participate in University of Maryland College Park Testing Events. You can make a testing appointment at return.umd.edu. Please find more information in the link below under "Resources".
- Complete the COVID-19 Employee Screening Checklist for symptom tracking/monitoring prior to coming to campus every day.
- You will also receive a reminder email each morning with a link to the survey.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirements
Vaccine Requirements for Fall 2021
All eligible students, faculty, and staff who will be on University System of Maryland campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. Read the full announcement from the University System of Maryland. Additional details and guidance will be released in the coming weeks and months.
State of Maryland mass vaccination sites are holding “University Days” for students, faculty and staff. See dates, locations, and instructions for making an appointment >>
Walk-up vaccinations are also now available at all mass vaccination sites in Maryland.