The Senior Manager is responsible for the conceptualization, development and implementation of integrated and coordinated marketing communications strategies to grow and strengthen the USG brand and articulate USG’s mission. The Senior Manager is responsible for managing all digital and print marketing communications. The Senior Manager ensures that the design and messaging of all marketing communication content is consistent, persuasive, accessible and supportive of USG’s brand and strategic goals.
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing the design and continuous maintenance of all content for the USG website which serves as the focal point for all marketing and brand communications. The Senior Manager oversees the development and execution of social media strategies coordinating social media content and enhancing relationships with key target audiences including education, business, government and community stakeholders.
The Senior Manager oversees the development, coordination and execution of communication material with internal USG service centers and USG’s nine communications partner universities in support of events and activities across the USG campus.
The Senior Manager supervises the Graphic Design Coordinator, leading the strategic direction in the creation and graphic design of all printed marketing material, digital media, web pages, emails, and digital signage in keeping with USG’s brand identity.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Minimum of five years of experience in communications/marketing
- Minimum of three years of experience in digital media, interactive marketing, social media (may overlap with communication and/or marketing).
- Master’s degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating web and social media content
- Experience with email distribution platforms and content management systems
- Knowledge of graphic design principles, typography, and print and web layout
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Strong attention to detail, a mind for innovation, the ability to manage multiple projects and ensure they are completed on time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to present ideas and information clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Universities at Shady Grove and experience working with the Universities at Shady Grove staff and/or students.
Extended periods of computer work, physical activities include set up and break down of events, and standing for long periods of time and travel to various locations (i.e. to attend outreach events, employer events, community events, etc.)
This position is located in Rockville, MD. This is an internal job posting open to USG and UMD employees only.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/81276