This position will provide technical supervision of daily operations and maintenance at The Universities at Shady Grove for Building’s 1,2,3,4, (appox 540,000 sq Ft), (1) 5 story 700 car capacity parking garage , and (1) 6 story 600 car capacity parking garage on campus.
Supervise tasks, Facilities personnel, and contractors for the purposes of maintaining and operating safe and productive work, laboratory and classroom environments. Supports the overall goals and objectives of the facilities department. Keeps the Facilities Manager informed of all current building operational status and scheduling of maintenance and /or outages.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or High School/GED with an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- With a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field, plus eight (8) years of experience performing facilities management duties, three (3) of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity
- Without the degree, twelve (12) years progressively responsible experience to include at least five (5) years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Experience must include oversight and management of mechanical and laboratory systems including, facilities/lab maintenance.
- Experience in a Facilities/Lab maintenance, multi-facility environment desired and experience with energy management systems
- Advanced operating experience with the Siemens APOGEE Building Automation System / Advantage Navigator / Desigo.
- Lab Controls
- Lutron Lighting Controls systems
- Must possess and maintain a valid Maryland Class C Driver’s license or equivalent with fewer than 6 points.
- Maryland 2nd Class Stationary Engineer’s License.
- CFC (Universal) Certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of building mechanical systems (design, operations and repairs) required. Broad knowledge of building construction and trades including but not limited to, HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Emergency Generators, elevators, life safety, and
- Experience in laboratory environments involving maintaining and repairing mechanical, laboratory gas and water filtration, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems associated with autoclaves, glass washers, environmental chambers, ultra -cold freezers, bio-safety cabinets, fume hoods and other equipment used for the purposes of maintaining laboratory services.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate blueprints, diagrams, schematics and engineering specifications. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, email, internal work management system) and strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills required. Superior problem solving and customer service skills required. Position requires extensive interaction with faculty and technical staff, regulatory and inspection personnel, contractors, consultants and other University personnel.
- Work is performed in both an office environment and in the field. Incumbent will be required to perform hands-on tasks as well as to inspect the work of others, which will require the ability to work in hazardous or irritating environments, including confined spaces, lifting, bending, stooping, working at heights, and in adverse conditions. Incumbent must be able to wear and work in personal protective equipment, including safety footwear that is provided by the University.
- This position is considered “Essential Personnel" subject to 24-hour 7 day/week span of operations. Work is generally performed during normal working hours however it is expected that those in this position work whenever necessary to ensure the facility is running safely and efficiently at all times. After hours, service calls are to be expected during summer months and times of extreme inclement weather
The position is located in Rockville, MD.
HOW TO APPLY
Please visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/81292