The Universities at Shady Grove (USG) offers self-serivce Scantron services. The use of this service is free for this semester, and is available to any professor teaching at least one class for any one of the over 80 degree programs at USG.
|Tuesday, September 22 ||2 pm - 3 pm||Bldg. II Mailroom|
|Wednesday, September 23 ||10 am - 11:30 am||Bldg. II Mailroom|
* - Please RSVP to Frank Wilson at x6308 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Before You Start
- You must use Scantron scoring sheets provided by the Shady Grove Copy Center; other brands may not work with this machine.
- 100 question maximum; 5 possible answers per question.
- Pickup blank test sheets from Copy Center. They will be available during regular hours. Arrangements will be made by email for pickup after hours (just like other copy jobs, utilize mail room).
- Prepare KEY and choose style of grading the instructor prefers.
- Department staff will have a few blank sheets in case of emergency.
- Scantron grading machine located in the mailroom. You can get the security code from the
- Turn machine on.
- Run KEY through machine; lowest question # first, until all questions are entered.
- Run exams through machine one at a time; lowest question # first, until all questions are
- Machine will record score on the exam after all questions are scanned.
- Run all exams through the machine in the same manner.
- When done, run ITEM ANALYSIS through machine; lowest question # first, until all questions
are entered- machine will give you some statistical information about your test.
- When done (and before starting another exam), turn off the machine.
Click here to view the Scantron Quick Reference Guide.
For technical support please contact the USG Copy Center at x6308 (Bldg. II, Room 1000).
After Hours: please contact the OIT Helpdesk x6363 (Bldg. III, 2nd Floor).