The Universities at Shady Grove’s (USG) operations are currently modified to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff, given the continued challenges with COVID-19. At this time, most services and courses are being provided remotely or online. Access to campus buildings is limited to approved students, faculty, staff and visitors only. Please visit the USG Onward web page for additional details.
Welcome to USG!
Below is some information that will be helpful to you as you become a part of the USG community.
- USG Virtual New Student Orientation - learn about USG's many services, review some important first steps, and test your USG knowledge. (The link will open in a new tab or window.) Complete the Verification form at the end, and bring the confirmation email to the Student Engagement Suite in SGIII to receive a prize!
- USG Virtual Campus Tour
- Around the Grove Locations
- Student Organizations
- Leadership Opportunities
- Student Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Student Employment
- Student Ambassadors
How to Get Help
- Center for Student Engagement and Financial Services: financial resources, scholarships, student life and organizations, student employment, leadership opportunities, USG ID cards, and more
- Career and Internship Services Center: internship opportunities, career coaching, resume & cover letter reviews, interview preparation & salary negotiation, and more
- Center for Academic Success: time management coaching, study strategies, feedback on papers, disability support, and more
- Center for Counseling and Consultation: individual & couples counseling, career & major counseling, group counseling, skills workshops, and more
- Office of Information Technology: technical support, equipment loans, computer labs, USG Logon ID, and more
- Priddy Library: group study rooms, workshops, research consultations, Night Owls (extended hours), and more
- Public Safety and Security: USG has 24/7 security personnel with desks in each building in addition to regular patrols. Safety escorts are available upon request.
- Please note that all USG Faculty, Students, and Staff are required to obtain and carry a USG ID card when they are on campus.
- Apply for USG Scholarships: Fall priority deadline June 30th and the final deadline is July 31st; Spring priority deadline November 30th and the final deadline is December 31st
- Obtain your USG Logon ID credentials
- Register for a parking permit once parking enforcement is re-activated.
- Sign up for emergency text alerts
- Home Institution Crisis Fund and CARES Act Information
- COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 USG Emergency Assistance Request
- Community Resources and Referrals: child care, medical care/insurance, apartments & housing, and more!
- Computer and Software Purchase Programs
- Graduate Student Resources
- International Student Resources
- LGBTQIA+ Resources
- Veterans' Resources
- Shuttle to UMD: Free shuttle to College Park campus; USG ID required
- Title IX Information
- Undocumented Student Resources
- Financial Literacy Resources
Did You Know?
- Did you know: USG has All-Gender Restrooms in Building III (1st floor near the Priddy Library and the Student & Academic Services office), as well as the BSE.
- USG students, faculty, and staff can now enjoy the privacy of the Wellness Room located in room III-3236 and IV-1302 for qualified personal use such as a lactation room for new moms and a private room for attending minor medical issues. Please visit the Wellness Room website for instructions on how to access these rooms.
- USG provides a reserved space to all students, faculty/staff who are military veterans, active duty, reserve, and National Guard members. The USG Center For Vets is located in Building III, 4th Floor, Room 4234. It is open from 8 am-midnight. Please fill out this form for the code to access the room.
- USG offers a Meditation Space to its students, faculty, and staff members for quiet time and prayers, located in Building III, 4th floor behind the south tower elevators