Information Science Society
To help you enrich your school experience, we strongly encourage you to participate in various student clubs and associations available on campus. The Information Science Society is a student organization in the Bachelor of Science in information Science major that you are able to be a member of.
Information Science Society Mission Statement: Our aim is to form a community that helps students build and expand their professional network, learn about modern technologies, and meet students with similar interests.
Information Science Society provides opportunities to current and incoming InfoSci students to connect with their peers and share knowledge and experience.
Please contact Information Science Society members by emailing InformationScienceClub.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about joining their group or becoming a part of their executive board.
For more information about campus clubs and organizations, please visit the Center for Student Engagement and Financial Resources.
Information Science Mentorship Program
ISMP was created to foster a growing relationship between incoming students and graduating students in the iSchool. This program will help support personal and professional growth in relations with mentors and mentees throughout the academic school year. Goal setting, periodic meetings, program overview and resources such as lunch-in discussions and advising will be some components that make up such program.
Information Science Mentors Will:
- Commit to at least one academic year
- Be reliable and regularly check their email
- Be knowledgeable about the InfoSci program and campus services
- Be approachable, good listeners, and provide guidance and support to new InfoSci students
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to help others and add to the culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
Benefits of Being an Information Science Mentor:
- Contribute to your own personal and professional growth
- Gain and practice your leadership, coaching, management, and interpersonal skills
- Expand your network
- Have a great addition to your resume
Interested? Apply here!
Information Science Ambassador program
The Student Ambassador Program serves to provide students with the opportunity to enhance their leadership skills as well as engage, excite, and attract prospective and incoming students. Student Ambassadors will be able to share their experiences in the InfoSci Program at Shady Grove to students, their families, and their community members, while also upholding and practicing the iSchools core values.
The goal of the The Student Ambassador Program is for current students to represent the program to both prospective and incoming students by providing a student’s perspective on relevant experiences within the program and the Information Science field as a whole. As such, Student Ambassadors will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Assist with event planning and organization
- Responding to general student inquiries via email
- Attend Information Sessions at Montgomery College campuses
- Attend on-campus recruiting events and open houses
- Attend all InfoSci workshops and events
- Assist with managing program social media (Facebook & Instagram) by sharing stories, photos, and events
- Assist with the creation of the InfoSci @ USG newsletter
- Assist with creation of event flyers
Contact Francisco Ruiz at email@example.com to get more information about our Ambassador Program.